Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, pufferfish, YYZGIRL, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443014 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#72722 - 08/25/04 06:53 AM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
Thanks David,

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this subject as well.

Thanks.

Jim

#72723 - 08/25/04 10:03 AM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
David, perhaps what might be appropriate, if you feel this question would make a good discussion also in the spirituality room, is just copy it over rather than momve it.

My reasoning for posting the question here was to invite input from fellow gay survivors on how they handle this tough love statemenet from their friends, family, neighbours or male survivalists.

Thats all.

I'm sorry I flew off the handle when I saw this moved.

Jim ;\)

#72724 - 08/25/04 03:08 PM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
What's sin?

That phrase is lifted straight out of the official straight bigot code book which, since it is in general distribution is widely used, often paraphrased, without attribution but to the same effect.

Ever since I have been self-deprogrammed out of that X-insanity cult, I have wondered at the great enthrallment with that hocus-pocus, superstition stuff.

#72725 - 08/25/04 03:31 PM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
It makes me so god damned mad every time I hear the word SIN when it relates to something that goes on between to adults. A previous Prime Minister of ours, Pierre Elliot Trudeau, said that that state has no business in the bedroom of the nation. And for that matter neither does anyone else except the adults involved. Why is it that sin is the be all and end all of someone. There are real sins. Like Sexual and Physical and Verbal abuse, Like betraying someone's trust. Like taking advantage of someone for the perps pesonal use. Like Murder, Like Rape. I mean lets look around us. Real sin is everywhere.

There is absolutely nothing sinful about cosensual sex between adults. People just dont get it. These myths are perpetrated by hippocrits (damned if I know how to spell that). If there is a god I choose to thing of him, her it as an enveloping power of love for all. All you have to do is look at WW2 to see how the few can hurt the many.

Sex is a beautiful thing in all its forms between consensual adults. IT is a willingness to share that which truly belongs to you with another and vice versa.

OOOOOOHHHHHH Ime so pissed off at all the crap we ARE FED.

If you are straight enjoy it and if you are gay enjoy it and if you are somewhere in between enjoy it. I mean we are very sexual animals. I am damned sure that the love and sex shared between a man and a woman is no different from the same sex between a man and a man or a woman and an woman.

SORRY FOR THE RANT!!!!!!!!!

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#72726 - 08/25/04 03:59 PM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Great rant, Mikey. Keep it up. If we don't, who will?

#72728 - 08/25/04 10:39 PM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Hello everyone,

I hope this does not sound smug, but, since the question was asked, the truth is, I neither respond nor react to this question. I've retired from the whole religion debacle, and determined that the topic of spirituality is much too dense and unfathomable for rhetorical unpacking by the likes of us mere humanalities.

Rather I stand back, drop-jawed, and observe how this subject has conditioned into stone the hearts, minds and spirits of many who share this cultural heritage, and how this conditioning insideously ventriloquizes and puppetizes (hahahah) even the purest of intentions.

..............I choose to surround / imbue my person with non-judgemental-ity at all portals, both incoming and outgoing. Life is so much simpler this way.

Kindly and gently,

Ron

#72729 - 08/25/04 11:10 PM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
whendoIcry? Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Metro Boston
There is no room for hatred in organized religion...this is a loaded expression that still presumes that sexual orientation is selected as a sinful lifestyle. The RC Church holds that they 'love homosexuals' but find what they do to be sinful. Get over yourselves...sex is normal, natural and appropriate. We have enough babies on this planet...if two people want to have sex...man to man, woman to woman, or man to woman...let them.

Jesus died FOR all of us and he did so to save us from sin...not to keep condemning us.

#72730 - 08/26/04 12:06 AM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
The phrase is condescending, judgemental and downright hateful.

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#72731 - 08/26/04 05:47 AM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, I agree.

What is that they say about the difference between the religious and the spiritual...the religious worry about going to hell...the spiritual don't because they've been there.

Judging not, loving one's neighbor, returing love for hate...God, what lessons. Will we ever learn?

Peace and Courage,

David

#72732 - 08/31/04 12:01 PM Re: Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Apply this statement to clergy who abuse children and see what happens.

Hate the sin, hate the sinner is more like it.

If this statement were purely religious it would be one thing but it is also political, perhaps mostly political.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.