Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
7 registered (md4e, Going forward, Banjo596, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#72650 - 08/04/04 12:54 AM Re: It's great not having to hide
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
She asked if you were straight or gay? What's it to her? Maybe she was hitting on you?!!? SOunds like a nosy-ass question. I thought I was nosy!
Casey

#72651 - 08/04/04 06:10 AM Re: It's great not having to hide
Abe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY
Congratulations! It doesn't seem like a nosy question to me, unless you feel there's some shame attached to the answer. And it is one that Doctors typically ask, in my experience, as it gives them some idea of health-related issues to watch for. So its nice to feel able to give a matter-of-fact response to what is probably a matter-of-fact question.

#72652 - 08/04/04 11:21 AM Re: It's great not having to hide
Aden Offline

It is good to be able to respond to that question honestly. It's not one that I get asked often these days. But it helps when dealing with old addages like "Know thy self" and To thine own self be true"

The ability to say who you are without shame or guilt or undue hesitation is is a kind of freedom we didn't have when we were younger.

Now I seriously don't suggest having the word "Queer" tatooed on your forehead. But it is nice to be at peace enough with your sexuality that you can embrace it at the proper times.

Aden

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.