Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
9 registered (86, 7 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#72628 - 08/01/04 08:57 PM I feel horrible today
David1010 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I have never felt so lonely and isolated. Yesterday my bf and I had a fight. He broke up with me. Break-up aside, I feel really bad because I have no other place to go, no one to talk to. I am in his house and I feel very out of place. I want to leave, but where?

I feel my life is in a rut (again). I don't think we can salvage our relationship, which is fine. I just don't want to feel isolated anymore. For some reason I also feel ashamed of admitting that I am lonely. I don't know why.

I feel very depressed and sad. I also feel overwhelmed by everything. Right now my life just sucks. I called a friend of mine, but he wasn't available. I called my sister in NJ, but she couldn't talk to me at the moment.

I just feel like in some sort of dead end. I don't know how I got here in this mess. Why am I so depressed, lonely and isolated? I just don't know. This is so unlike me. I miss me, I miss my life, I miss my peace of mind. I'll also miss Boo Boo when I move out of his house. \:\(

Anyway, I just wanted to express what I feel.

#72629 - 08/01/04 09:59 PM Re: I feel horrible today
Abe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY
You neeed a buddy, buddy... that is a Male Survivor buddy... someone who has shared the same experiences... sorta like a 12 step buddy.

#72630 - 08/01/04 10:59 PM Re: I feel horrible today
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Don't know what to tell you for sure, but just wanted to let you know you weren't alone. It sounds like you are ready for some time by yourself to figure out where you need to go - or on a mini break from where you are staying so you can have a chance to see what is beyond where you are currently at.

But anyway, just so you know, you're not alone!

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#72631 - 08/02/04 02:33 AM Re: I feel horrible today
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
David - I am sorry you feel isolated and lonely -i must admite that is how I am feeling as well --
try to remember that your isolation may be beating you up a little bit more and making you feel not as optimistic too - easily said for me -
i am very alone these days - started a whole new life in a new city -

please pm me whenever if you want to chat - or just know someone is there - i would like that -

m

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#72632 - 08/02/04 03:33 AM Re: I feel horrible today
Aden Offline

You have my good wishes. I have been in that lonely place where you are now. Truely wish I could reach out and make it better. Take care of yourself first!

Aden

#72633 - 08/02/04 08:55 PM Re: I feel horrible today
David1010 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Thank you guys for the support. I think it's true I need the time alone and by myself. I'm taking things as they come and coping the best I can.

I am keeping myself busy and started writing on my journal, something I have neglected to do lately. Like people in recovery, I'll take things one day at a time.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.