Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
7 registered (ShortedDiode, Anura, wiresguy1, focusedbody, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445567 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#72423 - 05/23/04 07:33 PM Re: So what now?
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
I do not even know who I am. I am still looking for me, so at least you know who you are!
Just remember you are strong!
Casey

#72424 - 05/23/04 09:03 PM Re: So what now?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Marc you are my brother and a survivor and a gentle man. That is enough for me. Just be who you are and are comfortable with. Dont use labels ok.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#72425 - 05/24/04 01:47 AM Re: So what now?
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Marc,

I'm pretty happy with who I am right now. I really don't know what to label myself and it doesn't matter too much to me anymore. It's taken a long time for me to get here.

Be easy on yourself Marc,

Steve

#72426 - 05/26/04 10:12 AM Re: So what now?
abcd Offline

Loc: GA
Hey SoCal_Marc,

Just a quick note to say "yeah"...until about a couple years ago (wow, it was that long ago now), I had a really tough time separating the two issues. I confused them together, and now I separated them, partly with a therapist, and partly with just personal prayer and reflection (and partly realizing how much more in love I am now that I with a guy than with a girl).

In the end, its great now to have reconciled everything--including with my faith. So yeah, I had problems with it for many years, but now it makes perfect sense--I mean really, not all people who were abused are gay and not all people who are gay were abused...so what ever was I thinking?! Nah, I know it's more complicated than that, but I think you know what I'm saying. Good luck.

#72427 - 05/26/04 11:05 AM Re: So what now?
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi Marc,

Self acceptance is such a core issue for us all and I believe it's even a bit more difficult for us gay souls because of how we are perceived and treated by the majority of human beings we share this planet with. How are we supposed to "love" being what so many "hate"? Who among us, in the beginning at least, would have "chosen" to be gay? We need other brothers and sisters who can sit with us as we go through this process, believing in us until we can do that for ourselves.

Your brothers here love who you are and love you just the way you are. That's what loving is. There are no conditions. Marc is Marc no matter who he loves. The world is truly a better place simply because Marc does love. We all thank you for that!

Taz

#72428 - 06/15/04 08:10 AM Re: So what now?
Captain Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Marc, I won't say much other than this... Don't worry about not being involved with Gay Pride - as a heterosexual man, I don't feel the need to start a 'Hetero Pride' movement, so if you truly are comfortable with your status, then there can be no need to parade about demanding acceptance.

I'm new, is there anywhere tou have put your story here?

Take care,
Captain

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.