Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (sadclown, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#72228 - 02/06/04 04:07 PM Pres. of Hebrew Union Coll. rebutts Bush
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Hello!

Here are some wonderful ways to defeat fundamentalist arguments.....

http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/preview.php?id=11750

#72229 - 02/06/04 08:24 PM Re: Pres. of Hebrew Union Coll. rebutts Bush
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kolisha,

Well, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Our congregation, as well as others in the ELCA-Evangelical Lutheran Church in America--have been asked to study the issues of homosexuality vis a vis the issues of ordination and the bless-ings of same sex unions.
Most of the folks who are involved with the study in our congregation have family members who are gay and/or lesbian.
This article will serve us Lutherans a reminder from our learned Jewish brothers and sisters that>

#72230 - 02/06/04 08:33 PM Re: Pres. of Hebrew Union Coll. rebutts Bush
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
AND - thank YOU!!!! You have made my day!

I seem to recall that The Reform Movement actually has an official "Department" called "Gay & Transgendered Something-or-other..." I know that a woman Rabbi was just appointed to the post, but I just don't remember what it is called. The whole focus is toward assuring a warm welcome to EVERYONE in our community while also making sure that individual needs are met, if not surpassed.

Please let me know if you would like more information - it might be of help to you in your own struggles.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.