Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (AlexT, Obi, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441788 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#7223 - 04/19/03 11:33 PM Re: I did it...
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
Great job... what strength and courage you have!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

James

#7224 - 04/20/03 12:31 AM Re: I did it...
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
Thanks guys for all the praise and support! \:D

My uncle is a VERY good man. My whole family is pretty fucked up, and he's pretty much the sane and patient one among them. He often will take in sick or struggling family members if they need someplace to go. He took me in after I got out of prison and he is very understanding and patient about all my weird little attributes and he is also deals suprisingly well with my schizophrenia. He even took in my uncle Gordon (my father's brother) for a couple months last summer/fall when he had an operation on his foot and could not work or walk on it for a while. Gordon is a horribly grumpy and disagreeable man so it was really a sacrifice for my uncle to take him in. He is a very kind soul... which is amazing considering that he grew up with my mother, and she is pretty much the polar opposite.

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#7225 - 04/20/03 01:17 AM Re: I did it...
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Mike,
I remember when I finally met up with my relatives at my grandmother's funeral. Of course my dad wasn't there (his own mother). Afterwards I was talking with my aunt (his sister) and she made some comment about my father being crazy. She then said oh, I'm sorry I shouldn't say that. After all he is your dad. I looked at her and said, don't stop saying what you are saying... because I feel the same way about him.

It opened up some conversation about things but not all of the way. My aunt doesn't say a lot about feelings or anything like that. That side of the family was very cold when it came to their own feelings which is sad. But we connected on a very deep level that day and I still get a laugh every time I think about it. A couple of my cousins did back up some things for me that I remembered which was very helpful.

I have told my cousins that if my father ever comes around, don't let your kids out of sight with him.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#7226 - 04/20/03 02:39 PM Re: I did it...
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is great news SP. I'm so glad to hear that you have someone in your life who is so caring and that you can open up to.

It was a big step to tell him, and if it was anything like me telling my mother, very healing.

I am so incredibly happy for you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.