Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (Doubter, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447735 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7213 - 04/18/03 07:21 PM I did it...
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
I told my uncle about my abuse...

I went to him and said I needed to talk to him about something and he said sure and we sat down, and almost immediately I began to cry which really ashamed me but I couldn't stop. I wasn't crying so hard that I couldn't talk, though, so I just opened up my mouth and shoved the words out before I could change my mind and I said "Naomi sexually abused me when I was a child." (Naomi is my mother and my uncle's sister.) He was quiet for a moment and then he hugged me and said that he was very sorry. I asked if he believed me. He said that he did believe me because he knew that Naomi could do that and that it sure explained a lot of things about me.

I told him (in as few words as possible) that she had prostituted me and had incest with me. I told him that I was very ashamed and almost nobody knew about it. He hugged me again and told me he was glad I trusted him enough to tell him. I told him there were a lot more things like that that had happened to me throughout my life but I was not ready to talk about them yet. He said that he understood and that anytime I was ready he would be here for me. I was feeling all shaken up so I told him I needed to be alone for a while and then I went downstairs and was kind of numb for a while and then I got onto the message boards. I waited a little while to gather my thoughts, then I made this post.

I'm still shaking but I feel amazingly relieved as if (though it is a clichéd phrase) a huge burden had been lifted off of me. My uncle was very gentle and understanding with me about it and he didn't try to force any more information out of me. I had hoped he would take it well but I didn't even expect him to be THIS understanding! \:\) I hope that it really sank in, though, and that he will not suddenly realize later that his sister is a pedophile and has subjected children to horrible ordeals and become very upset or angry. He knows Naomi is very sick and is capable of awful things. I suppose he probably suspected all along that I had been abused but that he was waiting for me to say something. It was the same way when I came out to him; I thought I was telling him new news but I think he had known for a while. He is like that, I guess.

Well... I really did not say much to him, but I said enough that he now knows about my SA. I think I need to lie down for a while... that took a lot out of me, way too much, I had no idea it would make me so tired. It is a good tired, though... I feel relieved and good but very exhausted.

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#7214 - 04/18/03 07:33 PM Re: I did it...
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Hey WTG SP!

Victor

#7215 - 04/18/03 07:39 PM Re: I did it...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Sp. Good for you. Your instincts were absolutely correct about your uncle. Now you are no longer alone in two places.

At home and here brother wolf.

I keep thinking of that saying "The only thing we fear is fear itself"

How drained but relieved you must feel now. To be hugged without reservation is something that cannot be bought or faked.

I am so proud of you.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#7216 - 04/18/03 07:46 PM Re: I did it...
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Good job, I'm glad your uncle took it well. I know it's hard to open up and try to trust anyone. ^5 brother.
James

#7217 - 04/18/03 09:26 PM Re: I did it...
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
That's fantastic, man! Your uncle must be a great guy. Your own intuition was right on about choosing him to tell.

Happy for you,

Joe

#7218 - 04/19/03 01:09 AM Re: I did it...
PeteT Offline

Loc: Michigan
Way to go SP! Telling your family is one of the hardest things to do. It really is great that your uncle was so understanding and supportive. You are well on your way. Keep up the good work. I'm so happy for you! \:\)

Pete

#7219 - 04/19/03 01:48 AM Re: I did it...
RJD Offline

Loc: jefferson City, Mo,usa
WOW!! How blessed you are to have such an amazing uncle. Also how blessed he is to have such an amazing nephew.

Where does he come by this profound wisdom. He sounds like a man who has done some deep personal work.

Way to go SP!!!

#7220 - 04/19/03 04:05 AM Re: I did it...
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Good for you I am so happy for you that your uncle was supportive for you. \:\)

Take care my brother, Nathan

#7221 - 04/19/03 06:04 PM Re: I did it...
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
SP
just keep pinching yourself to see if it's real ;\)

Great news my friend, you made the right choice and used great judgement to disclose to your Uncle, never forget how strong you are because YOU made those decisions.
Dave

#7222 - 04/19/03 08:13 PM Re: I did it...
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
SP - Such courage! Such trust! You are remarkable!! ;\) I am glad to see you taking control of your life!! Just as your mom took things from you - you're taking them back! That 'secret' that controlled you is a 'secret' no more!! Using your "voice"!!

Scarey? I bet! I was glad your uncle was compassionate and understanding and that you LET your uncle hug you! WOW!! Decisions! Trust! Encouragement!! GOOD JOB!!

Howard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.