Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#72113 - 12/01/03 04:46 AM Any support groups in Illinois
Liam Offline

Loc: Currently South Africa
I have been visiting this site on and off and i keep on coming back. I find a lot of encouragent, understanding and support here. Thanks to all of you who honestly tell and share your stories here. One day i may sit down and write a long letter but for now i need to know if anyone is aware of a male support group in the Chicago - Illinois area. And how and where should i look to find one. I were sexually molested at a very early age by a 20 year old male and still struggle and battle homosexual feelings among other things. I know this is short but is there anyone who can give me some advice. Thanks.

#72114 - 12/01/03 11:05 AM Re: Any support groups in Illinois
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Liam I am glad that you are among us. I dont know if this will help but have a look at this URL it might be of some assistantce

http://www.malesurvivor.org/Resource%20Directory/Illinois/index.htm

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#72115 - 12/01/03 07:50 PM Re: Any support groups in Illinois
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Liam,

I called several psych centers here in Milw. Then I called 211. That is a central agency that runs 24/7. They used to be called First Call. I bet that Chicago has some similar things.

There is a program here at the Milwaukee Counseling Center--it meets every Thursday, is led by a therapist, and it is free.

If I find something specific, I'll let you know.

Bob

#72116 - 12/02/03 12:04 AM Re: Any support groups in Illinois
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
There is a possibility that the Voices organization may have a contact number as they main office was in Chicago for a long time. If you email them at voicesinaction@aol.com they should be able to tell you.

Voices is an organization and stands for Victims Of Incest Can Emerge Survivors. I have been involved with them for several years now.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.