Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#72113 - 12/01/03 04:46 AM Any support groups in Illinois
Liam Offline

Loc: Currently South Africa
I have been visiting this site on and off and i keep on coming back. I find a lot of encouragent, understanding and support here. Thanks to all of you who honestly tell and share your stories here. One day i may sit down and write a long letter but for now i need to know if anyone is aware of a male support group in the Chicago - Illinois area. And how and where should i look to find one. I were sexually molested at a very early age by a 20 year old male and still struggle and battle homosexual feelings among other things. I know this is short but is there anyone who can give me some advice. Thanks.

#72114 - 12/01/03 11:05 AM Re: Any support groups in Illinois
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Liam I am glad that you are among us. I dont know if this will help but have a look at this URL it might be of some assistantce

http://www.malesurvivor.org/Resource%20Directory/Illinois/index.htm

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#72115 - 12/01/03 07:50 PM Re: Any support groups in Illinois
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Liam,

I called several psych centers here in Milw. Then I called 211. That is a central agency that runs 24/7. They used to be called First Call. I bet that Chicago has some similar things.

There is a program here at the Milwaukee Counseling Center--it meets every Thursday, is led by a therapist, and it is free.

If I find something specific, I'll let you know.

Bob

#72116 - 12/02/03 12:04 AM Re: Any support groups in Illinois
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
There is a possibility that the Voices organization may have a contact number as they main office was in Chicago for a long time. If you email them at voicesinaction@aol.com they should be able to tell you.

Voices is an organization and stands for Victims Of Incest Can Emerge Survivors. I have been involved with them for several years now.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.