Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
6 registered (SJC, Rich1967, Obi, 3 invisible), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445471 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71810 - 06/11/03 10:41 AM Re: Struggling with a question
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
MJ and Don--

What a great way for me to start my morning--reading your posts reminds me of the courage and patience I need to just "be" where I am.

I'm the type of guy who always seeks the answer, the conclusion, the fix (quick or other), a way to Force a Solution.

Thanks for the reminder that it is possible for me to simply accept the uncertainty that is part of life. The ambiguity of hope and fear.

You both have my admiration and support. Just because we may find ourselves in the dark does not mean we must be there alone. Thanks for reaching out your hand this morning. I needed one to hold on to.

"...we die of cold, and not of darkness."
--Unamuno

I'm with you guys and happy to be.

Love to my brothers,

-Tony Joe White

#71811 - 06/11/03 05:07 PM Re: Struggling with a question
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
MJ,
Despite the fact that we share the same avatar, I could also share the words you used to describe your self. I think it is harder to accept yourself when you don't quite know who you truely are. It's like your stuck in some inbetween world where nothing makes sense. Try as you may, nothing seems to ever make you understand. At least if you know who you were you could deal with it and then move on. But that's not quite the case because nothing is that cut and dry.
Well, things seem to be getting better for me but that's not saying much. Those pessimistic days still cloud my head.
Take care,
Mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

#71812 - 06/11/03 11:13 PM Re: Struggling with a question
MEC Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hey MJ
Ditto on all you said. Just want to be able to experience love and emotion without the conflict of my own mind games.

Also wanted to say hello

Michael

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.