Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443355 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71797 - 06/07/03 02:45 PM Re: soooo tired of it
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, Tom, it's me again.

Kinda looks like I'm not giving anyone else a chance to respond to you.

It's Saturday and some of the guys will be doing a little recreating, I'm sure--read, cutting the grass, shooting hoops with sons, 4 wheeling their brains out and other stuff you'll read about.

Look, I hope that you didn't think that I was being flip when I posted before.

You've told us some of your story and I know that if I had to endure what you've come through, I would have either wilted or killed somebody.

Packing up, getting out, finding work, enrolling in school, you gotta believe me when I say that I'm impressed, totally impressed with how you've conducted yourself.

Being sensitive to people's comments only speaks to the fact that you didn't leave your feelings with that totally cruel family you escaped from, you brought them with you. Some of us, and you, too, could have more work there, have to really dig for our feelings and emotions that we buried so deeply when we were being abused.

My regret is that we couldn't have been there for you when you were being tortured by your family.

Tom, your here, now.

And wait until you meet your new family.

Wait til you meet some of these power houses.

They'll lift right up, Tom, right off your feet.

They'll celebrate your courage and give you more to accomplish what you want to do in life.

They'll be there with you every step of the way.

Welcome home, Tom.

You've paid your dues, several times over, to be part of this wonderful rag tag beautiful group of guys who aren't afraid to show thier love and support of one another.

One of your new brothers,

David

#71798 - 06/07/03 04:12 PM Re: soooo tired of it
andrew-almost52 Offline

Loc: canada
Hi Tom,
We have some commonalities. I too put myself through highschool, college and university after leaving home at the ripe old age of 16. I also had the privilege of living in Holland for almost a year back in 1973-4. I lived in Winterswijk (not sure of spelling) and later in Schiedam outside of Rotterdam. Don't sweat it about the idiots making fun of you at school. Young people can be cruel, but things can change very quickly; next week you could be one of the cool kids. Remember, the biggest geek of them all is now a very cool and very rich guy, his name is Bill Gates. By the way, the clothes you describe are totally rad here in Canada ... my kids would love to be allowed to dress like that! Peace to you Tom, Andrew

#71799 - 06/08/03 12:54 PM Re: soooo tired of it
MDD Offline

Loc: somewheres on this thing calle...
Thanx guys,

spelling is correct Andrew.

Gotta run,

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.