Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (bluesky, Jude, Esposa, aniceguy), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443372 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71440 - 05/23/02 07:30 PM Re: TIME OUT
goflyakiteV Offline

Loc: n.a.
HEY LLOYDY....HOW WAS THE 4X4ing ? DID YOU GO? MAN, THAT HAS GOT TO BE FUN. I HAVE A 2002 JEEP GRAND CHEEROKE. CAN'T TAKE IT OFF ROAD YET.....YOU UNDERSTAND, DON'T YOU?....SCOT

#71441 - 05/24/02 09:32 PM Re: TIME OUT
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Scot
I have sooo much fun in my 4x4, and If I was you I'd be getting some mud under that Cherokee \:D
My weapon of choice is a home built special using a Subaru Brat engine, Daihatsu running gear and the rest is home made. It's purpose built and spends a lot of time upside down !
But it's taught me a lot in a strange way, I have overcome my fear of driving it into extremely stupid places and rolling into rivers, overcome one fear then I reckon I can overcome the other.
I am very involved with running our club, something I couldn't do a few years back. I hadn't the confidence or self esteem. Never mind the patience to deal with the occasional arsehole that every club has ! Somehow my involvement, rather than just driving, with off roading has developed at the same time as my recovery, not a concious thing but it seems to have been a good counterpoint. It's certainly been a therapy of it's own on shitty days.
I have a very scary story about destroying a rental Cherokee in the Utah desert and a very lucky rescue. So I have a soft spot for Cherokee's. Where's the keys to yours ?
Lloydy

;\)

#71442 - 05/25/02 01:32 AM Re: TIME OUT
goflyakiteV Offline

Loc: n.a.
HEY.....I DON'T THINK MY WIFE WOULD LET YOU TAKE THAT NEW JEEP 10 FEET OFF THE PAVMENT!!! HA....BUT I WOULDN'T MIND TRYING IT

A GUY I KNOW TAKES HIS JEEP ON THOSE CHRYSLER OFF ROAD JAMBOREES. HE SAYS THE SAME THING YOU DO.......IT'S GREAT FUN AND VERY INTERESTING ALONG WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU MEET. WELL, MAYBE I SHOULD BUY AN OLD CHEROKEE AND TAKE TO THE HILLS..........WHAT DO THEY SAY????? OH YEAH, NO GUTS NO GLORY! I SAY MORE BUMPS...NO GUTS..SLEEP WELL TONIGHT.....SCOT

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.