Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (pufferfish, Cam76, lapchinj, 4 invisible), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438081 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#71402 - 05/14/02 05:45 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Lloydy. Cerebral wins almost every time over stupid bullies. And by the way I happen to love the Brits' dry sense of humor. I learned to emulate it years ago. The technique is decidedly vicious. A Brit can insult a guy and the guy sits there for an hour wondering what just happened. Eventually it dawns on him. I love it!

#71403 - 05/15/02 07:28 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
"There is no sin except stupidity"

Oscar Wilde ( ok, he's Irish- but it's close )

#71404 - 05/15/02 10:15 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
I always was afraid of my anger. When I was a teenager (after the abuse stopped) I would get explosively angry and then no one would bother me for a while. Later on, after a particularly scary incident, I became someone that got taken advantage of in the workplace and at home. I aquiesced to any threat, real or not, I avoided confrontation at all costs. I developed into a concensus type of manager where I made sure that everyone bought into what needed to be done. I ended up always being in the middle of things, always smoothing over the rough spots in everyone else existence and seldom giving myself any slack.

Since I've started dealing with my abuse issues, I've changed. I haven't grabbed anyone by the throat, yet, but I stand up for myself and my ideas. Some of the diplomacy survival skills that I developed earlier come in handy now. I can tell people to go to hell in such a way that they'll look forward to the trip. Some of them never knew what hit them. I love it.

Take care of yourselves guys, we're all in this together.

Steve

#71405 - 05/16/02 07:01 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Surviving and getting better takes all kinds of strengths, is it any surprise that they rub off into our "normal" lives. I do things now I wouldn't have contemplated a few years ago. Sometimes I surprise myself, and I love it.
Lloydy \:D

#71406 - 05/16/02 07:42 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
goflyakiteV Offline

Loc: n.a.
YOU KNOW,,,I HAVE READ ALL WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE WRITTEN, AND I NOW FEEL DIFFERENT ABOUT MYSELF...JUST A LITTLE THO. AND I CAN SEE SOME LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, I JUST NEEDED TO LOOK FOR IT, AND READING HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF TINFOIL, AND YOU TOO LYODY, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR SUCH HONESTY AND GUT FEELINGS. WHY SHOULD I HIDE, AND SNEEK AROUND WITH FEAR THAT SOMEONE MIGHT LOOK AT ME. SO, COME ON, LOOK AT ME. TELL ME WHAT YOU SEE, I CAN FEND FOR MYSELF TOO!!! TRY ME!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HONESTY GUYS, HAVE A GREAT TIME FOUR WHEELING, AND BE CAREFUL LAYING ON THE SAND...FOR THE SAND DOTH HATH FLEAS! SCOT

#71407 - 05/16/02 08:07 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Be cool Scot, you're the only one that counts.
Lloydy

#71408 - 05/16/02 08:41 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi goflyakiteV. It's what we do when no-one's watching that's important. There's a little test I use to appraise others that I must associate with. I lay a small amount of money in plain site then walk away. After awhile I come back. If the money's gone that tells me all I need to know of the person left alone with it. There's other takeoffs on this. All involve trust. Most from my generation (1946) don't need a policeman present to make sure we do the right thing.

#71409 - 05/17/02 08:32 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
We have no reason to hide or feel small- just walk into a room and say to yourself "fuck 'em all, I'm just as good or better than they are !"
Lloydy
\:D

#71410 - 05/22/02 11:00 PM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
Anonymous
Unregistered

You've got that tagged correctly,Lloydy. In the end we're alone with our private acknowlegements. Nothing from outside matters. Evil presents itself plainly. There are no gray regions. No justifications. We all screw up to varying degrees. That's what makes us human. There's a difference twixt those proud of the Thing and the others of whom society fears and hates.

#71411 - 05/23/02 02:04 AM Re: ...yeah,I went thru this
goflyakiteV Offline

Loc: n.a.
TINFOIL-LLOYDY...THANKS!! I JUST FIGURED OUT WHY I STAY HERE AND READ ALL THIS STUFF....YOU GUYS. GOOD SENCE, GOOD COME BACKS, AND GOOD ADVICE, AT LEAST THATS MY POINT OF VIEW!

I BOW TO YOUR KNOLEGDE AND SUPPORT......SLEEP WELL TONIGHT.......SCOT ( 'THE FORMER ASSHOLE' ) ;\)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.