Newest Members
Casey_SC, Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby
12372 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
8 registered (aniceguy, BraveFalcon, dan_in_newengland, 3 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12372 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444246 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#71359 - 12/10/01 10:26 PM very low testosterone
Anonymous
Unregistered

well it's me donp. I haven't been here in a while because I thought i had everything under control until my doctor the thursday before last broke the lab results which indicate I have primary testicular failure. This means my gonads are not producing testosterone.

So now I am very upset because now I know that these perverts suspected I was gay because I had no interest in women. Now I know why. So these idiots who molested me rather having me service them, knew I was in a vulnerable position. So now I know that by my behavior why I had been singled out. The fact that I do not display the normal male behaviors. Whatever those may be. You know things like going nuts when a pretty woman enters a room, no talk of sexual conqquest. So they probably figured I was gay or at least a probable victim.

So here I am unable to father children, the last 10yrs questioning my sexual identity and now I know it is because I have no libido.

How sttrange. And how depressing. I am worse than what I was after I got assaulted only because now I know that these folks were not right in the head.

I don't know what to do. This information has given me valuable information to protect myself, but now I am afraid perpetrators will stil be able to pick me out.

Or amybe I am just a lunatic.

donp
\:\(

#71360 - 12/13/01 06:26 AM Re: very low testosterone
pondboy Offline

Loc: benicia, california, usa
no one can tell your hormone level. verify this with your doctor. don't worry about it. and you can get treatments if you want to reverse this. I encourage you to look at your treatment options with an open, and not a fearful, mind. I'm glad you have found this out.

#71361 - 12/13/01 10:28 PM Re: very low testosterone
rax Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Newark, CA
Hi,

Hang in there.

you dont need testosterone,
to smile,
to enjoy a sunset,
to play in the sand,
to love and let live,
to laugh,
to cry,
to give,
to accept,
to share,
and to live.

I was raped at 6, and I bled after the attack because one of my gonads was crushed.

So, apart from the emotional scarring, I carry physical scars.
Wonder how I survived the school taunts because of my delayed adolescence.

But I dont think Im gay because of that.
Im just unique. Im me, and If Im gay then thats a fact.

so, get up, brush off the painful memories, and enjoy this life, and make each moment count.

God loves you.

love
rax.

#71362 - 12/14/01 06:33 AM Re: very low testosterone
bosishere Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nashville,tn,usa
Hello Rax, and Don, and Pondboy -- Rax,what you have said here is VERY, VERY GOOD. Thank you for a wonderful post. bosishere

#71363 - 12/15/01 11:03 PM Re: very low testosterone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the responses. It is rather dificult after so many yrs wondering why I have gone through hell and now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt it is an endocrine problem.

I had to change my doctor because he has not been too supportive. I choose to live in a part of town which is notorious for drug abuse and all kinds of dregs of society.

Seing my address ,he, I could feel his transference problem especially when he began to explain what all of this information meant. He talked to me as if I was ignorant of medical terimonology, when referring to semen , he called it cum, when making references to mastubation, he said jacking off- I couldn't keep a straight face and laughed somewhat.

Basically what he said was because of the very low testosterone levels- He did the blood draws twice- my ejaculate would still contain semen but no sperm . He did not say a lot- he said none.

So I have gone to a government counselor to get counseling for my problem. It has answered a lot of questions for me. Especially -if it is congenital-why I never had an interest in sex. And why other men find me somewhat attractive because of my boyish features which the doctor called cherub like. I just didn't appreciate him calling me a eunuch and talking lightly about it in my presence. He kind of insinuated that being sterile is not such a bad thing because there would be no more people like me. Of course I was referred to him by my neurologist who is a psychiatrist as well so of course he may have had a condescending attitude believing I was a psychiatric patient of the referring physician. He better be glad I am not a vindictive individual or he would never have been able to withstand the onslaught of attorneys which would have been sent his way.

Anyway thanks for the replies and . You said that no one can determine your hormone levels, could you please expound because this is rather confusing.

#71364 - 12/22/01 10:02 AM Re: very low testosterone
abcd Offline

Loc: GA
Hey Don!

I know a little bit about medicine, and I think what pondboy was talking about was that no one sees someone and says that they would know their hormone level (i.e. that they would pick out the persone with low testosterone). Thus, I think he was talking about just from seeing someone off hand--not talking about actual medical tests (which I know can detect hormone levels).
As far as the diagnosis, it's true--you can get testosterone meds. If cost is an issue (say you have no pre>

#71365 - 01/04/02 09:27 PM Re: very low testosterone
pondboy Offline

Loc: benicia, california, usa
hello again. I've been out of town. You can only diagnose the level of testerone by blood tests. no visual exam is possible, and therefore, only you and your doctor know the level. the costs of therapy (patches, jells, etc) are about 50 bucks a month. ask about them if you want to elevate your levels. good luck. chuck

#71366 - 01/15/02 11:28 PM Re: very low testosterone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I have low testosterone because of advanced HIV disease (AIDS) and am on a wonderful supplement called Androgel. Talk with you doctor about this, it replaces lost testosterone.

It may not produce any more sperm, but as far as mental health is concerned, it is shown than men with low testosterone can become very depressed. I know that this helps immensely.

Here's wishing you the very best,
Scott Thompson
;\)

#71367 - 01/22/02 10:16 PM Re: very low testosterone
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Don hope you are doing better!!!!!!

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#71368 - 01/29/02 12:53 PM Re: very low testosterone
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
Im just curious, but what causes someone to have low hormone levels? Is there anything that could cause it besides being born with it? Im asking because i heard a rumor that extreme sexual stimulation can cause something like that. It would be pretty strange if your psychological image of your sex could affect your hormone levels.

Hange in there. Being a man is more than producing testosterone, growing hair on inconveinent places, and having sex.

I dont know how your tastes run, but there is a movie called fight club, and it had a pretty cool message about what it means to be a man. If you are sensitive to violence, then its probably not for you, but it kind of helped put things in perspective for me.

Take care of yourself, dont be afraid of love, and dont let the world drag you down.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.