Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (lapchinj, 5 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63592 Topics
444245 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#71346 - 10/11/01 11:32 AM remembering men
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am rather new at this. both my late therapist and my current one suspected with almost 90% certainty that i had been sexually abused by my fourth grade teacher, mr. brown, back in 1974. i show all the symptoms of someone who had been abused, including a fixation on young boys, as though i am a victim ready to commit the criminal's crime. that I am gay is a complicating issue. i have also been thinking about the man i met when i was fourteen, who was kind enough to pay attention to me for about ninety minutes while we talked politics. my sense was that I wanted him to take me away to be with him. these thoughts came to mind after watching hte film "LIE," which is about a child molester's pursuit of a gay teenaged boy. if you ever get the chance to watch it, do so. it is powerful.

eric

#71347 - 10/16/01 07:29 PM Re: remembering men
pondboy Offline

Loc: benicia, california, usa
I just saw the movie LIE. I bolted out of the theater at the end. its very true to life. pedofiles are very seductive. I could barely drive home I was in such a zombie state. I understand what you are going through. I was married and have 3 kids and have now been in a wonderful relationship for years. I get help when I need it and it am pretty happy as a result. let me know if I can help. cspence3@aol.com \:\) \:\) \:\)

#71348 - 10/18/01 08:23 AM Re: remembering men
bosishere Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nashville,tn,usa
hello, Still 12, Eric, and Pondboy. I have read, and re-read several times your three posts, and I, like you, don't know how to proceed to hopefully end all of my thughts, and confusion. As some of you may know, I was raped over 200 times over a half of year timeframe, in a hospital. I like Still 12, have foregiven those two 18 year old men. I was only 7. But now, and over the past several years, when I see a young boy, and in particular, a young boy and his father, walk down the pathways at a church, no less, or sometimes other places, I cry openly, and say to myslef "I hope and pray you don't have happen to you what happened to me." It will just not go away, no matter what I try. I have not seen the film "Life", but I'm going to ask my counselor about the film, and how it fits into my case. I'm 57, gay, and disabled - after being struck by a NYC subway train, but I can deal with all of that. I've been seeing a counselor each week, for 14 months, and I thought the horrid past would "go back in my memorary, or go away, but it hasn't and has gotten stronger. So like you - Still 12, and Eric, I just don't know, and for me, that is VERY, VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH. I like what, I believe, it is Jerlmey says -"we are all in this together." We are, and we do help each other. bosishere

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.