Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63119 Topics
441404 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#71242 - 08/24/01 09:35 AM Re: Why is Everyone SEXUALLY PIGEON-HOLED??
Gadzook Offline

Loc: Papillion, NEBRASKA (USA)
Quote:
Originally posted by pondboy:
thanks Gadzook for putting perspective on this discussion. For some people, having no women in this room gives it a special place of safety. for other guys, it makes no difference. the room was set up intentionally as a "male only" room which I think was a good idea. straight men often have a different perspective and they are ok in this room too. The issue is how we support each other, listen to each other's hearts and ideas and honestly share our hopes and fears. let's not get distracted from that purpose. :rolleyes:

Thank you. I know how hard it is for people when everyone in one way or another has to deal with such hard feelings. Sometimes a simple questions, theory, or answer can just go right to the gut of someone. But I think if we all understand that there is a ton of useful information that people give every single day around here and that we are all learning from one another. In the end we all will be better off.

By the way thanks for all the support the past 1/2 year to you and everyone else here. I could never have made it this far this soon without you all!

Thanks,
Gadzook

#71243 - 08/24/01 11:24 AM Re: Why is Everyone SEXUALLY PIGEON-HOLED??
thunderbolt Offline

Loc: mi
ill tell you if you dont like my post, fuck off, im not here to please you im here to get my shit out and some help, if one person is going to be offended and all have to change, sounds like i or them can just go back to the dis-functional family and cry in the pillows, dont tell me to shut-up on post do it in your own mind, ive heard that seeing it and writing it is a way of reliving, with the intention of not scaring the crap out of us every time we are triggered, or maybe the idea of being quit, like i have all these years is the one way one person wants it....who the hell do you think you are, ask a question, and then condem the person and their reply?

#71244 - 08/24/01 12:03 PM Re: Why is Everyone SEXUALLY PIGEON-HOLED??
Gadzook Offline

Loc: Papillion, NEBRASKA (USA)
Quote:
Originally posted by thunderbolt:
ill tell you if you dont like my post, fuck off, im not here to please you im here to get my shit out and some help, if one person is going to be offended and all have to change, sounds like i or them can just go back to the dis-functional family and cry in the pillows, dont tell me to shut-up on post do it in your own mind, ive heard that seeing it and writing it is a way of reliving, with the intention of not scaring the crap out of us every time we are triggered, or maybe the idea of being quit, like i have all these years is the one way one person wants it....who the hell do you think you are, ask a question, and then condem the person and their reply?

Well I am not sure if you are talking to me or who you are talking to. But I do agree with you. However just because we all have issues to get out does not mean that we should not be sympathetic to others. In one way or another we all have our own demons to deal with. I don't think this is a "cure all" for people with such deep and dark problems. That is why we have personal therapists and doctors.
I understand the problems we all face - believe me. And we should never ever be afraid to say what we need to. If it helps that is wonderful. With what we all have been through and go through we cannot always be as polite as we would all normally be. I think everyone has done it and everyone understands that. So as I stated before - let's just get whatever it is we can here and leave it at that. This place is great for advice and support. That is the main reason why most of us are here.
Honestly I would love to never have known this place even was here. In some way I think we all would love that. I would love to be living the good life. No nightmares or thoughts or depression or anxiety. No confusion and saddness.
But since I am not that lucky and I know this is far from a perfect world - I am sure glad this site is here. In many ways the people here have saved me.
gadzook

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Gadzook ]

#71245 - 08/27/01 11:50 AM Re: Why is Everyone SEXUALLY PIGEON-HOLED??
thunderbolt Offline

Loc: mi
well then on with the show!!

#71246 - 08/28/01 02:53 AM Re: Why is Everyone SEXUALLY PIGEON-HOLED??
getteddie Offline

Loc: Cub Hill, Md
Everyone, I would like to say one last thing about having the living shit pigeon-holed out of me at work! I had to tell a supervisor last year I had to go on sick leave and go to a hospital for three weeks. I was really fliped out and said too much. He wasn't surposed to but did tell someone and it spread to everyone. How I've been off work on sick leave for two weeks for an operation on my elbow and had another operation to repair a hermia yesterday. Being in great pain...they sent me home with some pain pills...I haven't be able to sleep all night...So I called work to talk to a friend and to see what was up...it was me!!!! Because of the SA everyone said that I was gay, a nut case, and was most likely a rapest of males. WOW, Johns Hopkins is a very big place and you would think that the workers were better imformed but no they are afraid that I will rape them...what ass holes...what shit heads. I work at night 11 to 7 and don't see too many staft but this shit is getting out of control. Who wants to face this shit ???

Pigeoned-holed
Eddie

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.