Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (Scott1962, TJ jeff, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443023 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#70833 - 02/18/01 10:07 AM family freez out
krayoss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: west
I

Edited by krayoss (04/08/08 12:25 PM)

#70834 - 02/18/01 03:20 PM Re: family freez out
farscape513 Offline

Loc: Tampabay
williamst, I am a little confused by your story. You didn't say why you confronted your brother. Was he abusing someone before his children came along? If that is the case then I think you did abslutely the right thing. I leaarned in counseling that the abuser rarely changes. Please wait it out and maybe the family will come around. [quote][/quote]

Edited by ModTeam (04/09/08 07:33 PM)

#70835 - 02/21/01 08:01 AM Re: family freez out
Carl123 Offline

Loc: PA, USA
You did the right thing in confronting your family. I too was abused by my older brother as a child and it took me until last year (age 39) to confront my family head on with the news. Needless to say, it didn't go over quite as planned. It's caused me more than a bit of grief since then, but I remain convinced that keeping secrets is always worse than letting the truth shine. By keeping his secret you are merely aiding and abetting him. Now that he has children, you are absolutley right to speak up! I admire your courage in doing so and your willingness to protect your neice and nephew!

Good work! I hope you find the compassion and solace you deserve!

#70836 - 02/26/01 04:50 AM Re: family freez out
diamondheart Offline

Loc: Michigan
Firstly let me just say, what a great person you are!!! Taking care of your mother is a sweet thing to do!!!!

The thing with your family, ITS THEIR PROBLEM!!!! They are the ones who cant face their own guilt!! You did the right thing, you are protecting innocent children!!!!

Your sister will just have to get over herself!!!! Its not her place to say wether or not you are welcome at your mothers house!!! Obviously your mother wants you there and im sure she really appreciates the kind thing you are doing!!!!! It sounds like your mother needs you and you are the only one she really has!!!!! Try not to let your family bring you down ITS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!

Have you talked about this to your mother?? About the family not inviting her over because of you???? Thats too bad that they are that petty!!! Families sure can be messed up, i understand that first hand!!!

hope this helps somewhat, its liike 7am and ive been up all night. so im not real awake i just wanted to write you, to tell you im thinking of you.... keep in touch and good luck

derek

http://itismytimetoshine.wordpress.com

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.