Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (tbkkfile, I Want 2 Thrive, Obi, fhorns), 55 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63585 Topics
444228 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#70191 - 05/13/06 12:28 PM admission
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
i think after walking around this morning -

looking for a place for coffee - i found it was too early for the coffee shops to be open

despite the lightness outside due to the summertime cycles -

i walked more and frustrated as if knocking on a
door that is never answered - i realized i had to find occupation for the moment until hour came -

i walked - and

it still was boring - but it was painful -
but why was i still walking - ?

- found some comfort soon - and then made it back to the cafe - over this time which was about an hour -

and sat i find in knowing now i can want - and wanting is directing my life -

i also know now - during those moments of not getting what i want - there is "opporunity" to plan for how it will be when my time is come!
(and partly too - the vague plans - curiousness of it all too - how i seem to want things that so connect - in so many ways.)

it is basic - but it is fundamental - and good -

i waited a few more minutes - and got my stuff -

i came home again - then

and thought how this wanting things as we would have them - and yet - that not always being possibble - and yet still wanting satisfaction -
it's true -

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#70192 - 05/13/06 01:05 PM Re: admission
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

Maybe it would help you to think of variations of that question. What do I need, as opposed to what do I want? Why? Are there immediate little things I can do to make my life happier and more fulfilling?

That said, I think a reflective man will always be wondering about the kinds of questions you have in mind. That means you are living a real life, with all the ups and downs, and not just going through the motions.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.