Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447957 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#70191 - 05/13/06 12:28 PM admission
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
i think after walking around this morning -

looking for a place for coffee - i found it was too early for the coffee shops to be open

despite the lightness outside due to the summertime cycles -

i walked more and frustrated as if knocking on a
door that is never answered - i realized i had to find occupation for the moment until hour came -

i walked - and

it still was boring - but it was painful -
but why was i still walking - ?

- found some comfort soon - and then made it back to the cafe - over this time which was about an hour -

and sat i find in knowing now i can want - and wanting is directing my life -

i also know now - during those moments of not getting what i want - there is "opporunity" to plan for how it will be when my time is come!
(and partly too - the vague plans - curiousness of it all too - how i seem to want things that so connect - in so many ways.)

it is basic - but it is fundamental - and good -

i waited a few more minutes - and got my stuff -

i came home again - then

and thought how this wanting things as we would have them - and yet - that not always being possibble - and yet still wanting satisfaction -
it's true -

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#70192 - 05/13/06 01:05 PM Re: admission
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

Maybe it would help you to think of variations of that question. What do I need, as opposed to what do I want? Why? Are there immediate little things I can do to make my life happier and more fulfilling?

That said, I think a reflective man will always be wondering about the kinds of questions you have in mind. That means you are living a real life, with all the ups and downs, and not just going through the motions.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.