Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#69983 - 03/20/06 09:58 PM Re: I Hate Myself For Having Gay Feelings
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Timothy,

What you are doing to yourself is both dangerous and harmful to you, I am not saying that is news to you, but it’s worth underlining anyway. I have self-harmed in the past when I was angry and hurting. I was also strongly Catholic and had read many lives of the saints as a teen, I was hoping to turn myself into someone good and pure after the abuse and violence I had internalised. Some of my self-harm I justified as “mortification of the flesh” as practised by some of those saints. To be honest it had nothing to do with spirituality it was masochistic self-harm based on self-hate and violence. It was quite addictive with the adrenaline rush and the short break from the psychological pain was a relief. If some of your thinking about this behaviour is about penance you need to speak to a spiritual director/confessor. From most of what I know of corporal penance in the history of the church, any serious injury to the body or endangering health has never been regarded as spiritually virtuous.

I am really sorry that you feel so bad about yourself right now that you are hurting yourself in this terrible way. I am glad that you can at least speak about it here, what you did isn’t about being dumb, it wont take away the gay feelings even if it distracts you for a while, what ever the reasons for doing this it is really very concerning. I hope you consider finding a therapist.

I agree with Larry that you did not cause a married man to be attracted to you. His behaviour is totally his responsibility.

Wishing you peace,
Peter.

#69984 - 03/21/06 03:39 AM Re: I Hate Myself For Having Gay Feelings
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Timothy,

Here is something to think about bro:

Quote:
I feel so awful that I caused a married man (my sergeant) to be attracted to me in the first place, and then causing him to ejaculate his semen unto my body, something which rightfully belongs to his wife.
If a bank is robbed, who is to blame and who should be hated? The robbers or the bank?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#69985 - 03/21/06 08:06 AM Re: I Hate Myself For Having Gay Feelings
Timothy Offline

Loc: Middle Earth
Dear Roadrunner & Rustam,

Thank you for your posts. Makes me feel better. Thanks for not being judgemental.

Even nowadays I get frightened when an older man touches me by accident. I'm afraid that the sensation of the touch will cause him to get arouse and then lead him to "explore" that feeling further and then end up molesting and abusing me.

After all, my sergeant first started touching me and carassing my arms before he ventured further and started touching my private parts. He said that before he met me he had never done anything like that with a guy before. So that makes me feel very guilty and blame-worthy because there must have been something about me that twisted and perverted him to cause him to do what he did to me.

There is one other thing that bothers me a little. It is a sensitive issue but because it happened to me I hope it can be answered.

I am what people would call "fair-skinned". My sergeant had what people would call "black-skin". Do fair-skinned guys tend to get abused by their darker-skinned peers because they are perceived to be weaker and more feminine?

Timothy

#69986 - 03/21/06 12:45 PM Re: I Hate Myself For Having Gay Feelings
george of kent Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: delaware
Sorry, Timothy, I know that you are still in a very hurting place. But, as many of our brothers have already said, "you did nothing wrong."
The self blame (we've all been there) that says things like "there must have been something about me that twisted and perverted him" has it all backwards and upside down. There was something about him that was twisted and perverted in the first place and you did nothing to cause it.
Hoping that you can begin to love and forgive yourself (there's nothing really to forgive), please don't beat up on yourself (psychologically and physically) any more.
Much love, etc.,

Someone must take a stand -- Coward, take my coward's hand"
Arthur Laurents

#69987 - 03/21/06 01:46 PM Re: I Hate Myself For Having Gay Feelings
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Timothy,

Quote:
Even nowadays I get frightened when an older man touches me by accident. I'm afraid that the sensation of the touch will cause him to get arouse and then lead him to "explore" that feeling further and then end up molesting and abusing me.
That is a normal feeling for abuse survivors and it isn't a gay thing at all. As a boy, touching was followed by abuse for you, so you are still making that connection. The feeling that you "caused" the abuse is also a feeling, a wrong one, from childhood. That's why you think that if you brush against an older man that will "cause" you to be abused.

Quote:
So that makes me feel very guilty and blame-worthy because there must have been something about me that twisted and perverted him to cause him to do what he did to me.
You have several replies on this above, so I won't add much, except to say that abuse is never the victim's fault.

Quote:
I am what people would call "fair-skinned". My sergeant had what people would call "black-skin". Do fair-skinned guys tend to get abused by their darker-skinned peers because they are perceived to be weaker and more feminine?
No, so far as I know there's no racial basis for abuse. But there's another problem here. You are blaming yourself again for what someone else did. This is something you have to beware of.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.