Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
1 registered (Laurie), 30 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#69886 - 02/16/06 03:32 PM does anyone do this?
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
sometimes - when life becomes so complex - and there's not really time to process things -
et al..

i look to aesthetics - to give me a sense of calm and balance -

does anyone do this?

it's like just the simplicity or balance of it - ahh --- everything is ok right now ----

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#69887 - 02/16/06 03:35 PM Re: does anyone do this?
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

like - I love what Julianne Moore said once
- though I am not an actor - I thought her idea for creating a sense of continuity and reliability to the day was awesome -

a good affordable copiong mechanism -

She said for the 3 or 4 years she was starting out - perhaps more -

she ate a grill cheese sandwhich at lunchtime - just so 'some thing' woudl be the same - consistent each day -

nice eh?

#69888 - 02/16/06 08:31 PM Re: does anyone do this?
Galapogos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
When I remember to, I do.

Like when everything is stressing me out, sometimes I'll clean my tiny apartment. Not so much clean, as remove all the clutter, put everything away. It's amazing how calming it can be to come home and not have chaos, it's as if it gives my brain a rest to not see the clutter...

To find the places I got hurt
Open up the places I got hurt
--Peter Gabriel

#69889 - 02/18/06 03:17 PM Re: does anyone do this?
johnsurvived Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arlington, Virginia
Mark,

I think you've just made a good verbalization of why I posted a picture of our blooming orchid plant. A person can't "stop and smell the orchids" 'cuz these don't have any scent, but a person can always take a step back and look at things for their order, structure, and the beauty the results from either having those, or not.

John

Take for us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards; for our vines have tender grapes. Song of Solomon 2:15

But let justice roll down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream. Amos 5:24

#69890 - 02/18/06 05:18 PM Re: does anyone do this?
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

this is true -

actually this may sound goofy -but i was in a diner - that was very well decorated this morning - on church street -

i lots my balance so to speak - i was triggering and went internal - and panicky -

i looked outside of me though and the order - and
symetry basically of the restaurant decor -
almost immediately calmed and stablized me -

it was cool -

peace -

me

#69891 - 02/19/06 04:08 AM Re: does anyone do this?
DrRalph Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
It there is a gay sensibility it might be our capacity to dream, to play, to celebrate, to idealize, to make pretty. What wonderful skills for surviving, the ability to move the actual to the aesthetic, mystical. To make reality .... Art.

I do alot of meditation, and tend to be a dreamer {just ask my enemies]. But it balances out the world of productivity, problem=solving, and crisis. It also lowers the blood pressure. And to be honest, I find it pisses off my enemies when I don't take it all that seriously. Gay it forward.... smiles

Dr. Ralph

#69892 - 02/19/06 04:13 AM Re: does anyone do this?
DrRalph Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
If there is a gay sensibility it might be our capacity to dream, to play, to celebrate, to idealize, to make pretty. What wonderful skills for surviving, the ability to move the actual to the aesthetic, mystical. To make reality .... Art.

I meditate daily, and tend to be a dreamer. It balances out the demands of the world to be productive, a problem-solver, whatever. Moving it all to the aesthetic also lowers the blood pressure. And to be honest, I find it pisses off my enemies when I don't take it all that seriously. Gay it forward.... smiles

Dr. Ralph \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.