Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69169 - 08/24/05 02:14 PM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
RockyMtJoe Offline

Loc: East of Pueblo, Colorado
Well I think QE4SG is the Star Trek of this era:
to go where no man has gone before. But no
I would not hang with Carson. \:D

Carson reflects somewhere I read a rough teen life,
'bout how he survived the "locker room".
I as well was always feeling that "Tom of Finland" was after me.

Besides more gays and women need his skills than
the dismal men they try to make over. Whatever
thet dude in the Capitol One credit card ads with the "eeek eek" voice just gets to me.

Rocky Mountain

I have owned $100 shirts and spent hundreds on footwear Italian Shoes and Cowboy Boots. I gave up on the test......

#69170 - 08/24/05 02:19 PM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
My vote, Jimmer, would be Pedro Zamora. Not because he was one of the first (real) guys on TV to be seen living a normal life, both for being openly gay and living with HIV, but because of his wicked sense of humor as related by his friend, Judd Winick.

Case in point, when telling Judd he was trying to signal that he was gay, Judd responded by telling him his signals were too subtle. Pedro shot back, "right, subtle! Maybe I should wear a tiara with a 'Big Fag' t-shirt!?"

My idol! \:D

Peace and love,

Scot

P.S. For those interested in comics and animated shows, Judd is still active beyond the "Real World." Currently, he's writing for Marvel and DC Comics (recent work - Exiles) and developed "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee" for Cartoon Network. Be sure to check out his early works, though - "Pedro & Me" (A memoir of his friendship with Pedro and life on "The Real World"), "Frumpy the Clown" (A syndicated "family strip" with a twist(ed) collected by Oni Press) and "The Adventures of Barry Wein, Boy Genius," also collected by Oni.

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#69171 - 08/24/05 06:10 PM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Egads! 40%

#69172 - 08/24/05 11:36 PM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I retook the test trying to give the "gayest" possible answers I could think of. That got me up to 85%! But as many of those answers were so totally not me, hmmm....does that mean the previous result and this one ought to give some significant total. Okay...so 37% speaking truthfully and 85% mainly lies, that comes to ......122% messed up? That sounds right! \:D

Somebody help me with the math here....

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#69173 - 08/24/05 11:53 PM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
30% Gay, where does that put me!!!

So nobody fancies me ;\)

What is new \:\)

I thought I would have got higher on the scale \:\)

Oh well,

ste

#69174 - 08/25/05 01:47 AM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Never mind Ste. Here, take my featherboa...I have some extra gay points more than you anyway.

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#69175 - 08/25/05 07:08 AM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
Russ2 Offline

I think this post is totally inappropriate. Parts of that "test" are extremely homophobic, and clearly unhealthy for the vast number of survivors here who are "questioning" their sexual orientation. Joke or no joke, it simply doesn't belong on MaleSurvivor.

#69176 - 08/25/05 09:49 AM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi Ross, I took the test as a straight man the first time. From your reaction, I went back and took the test as a gay man, they used the same questions as the first time. I then went and took the test as a bisexual man, still the same questions. The reason I said the test was just for fun, is I don't see how those questions could determine if one was gay, or straight, or bisexual.
As a guy who tends to be homophobic(scared of gay guy's coming on to him), I did not think of any of these questions as being homophobic. Could you enlighten me please? I have been trying to reduce my homophobic, you can read about it here, http://malesurvivor.org/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000320

PS: I found the link to that web page in the forum of a gay web site. Feel free to read what they thought about the test. http://www.deweywriter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7199

#69177 - 08/25/05 11:22 AM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Russ,

You may be right about the stereotypes, but one of the best ways to fight against hypocrisy and prejudice is to hold them up for ridicule. I think that is what this absurd "gayometer" does, and from the reaction of the gay members here that seems to be their feeling as well.

In any case, it is clearly a useless test if its result for Jasper is only 73% gay. And I still protest bitterly at the $100/shirt question; I didn't know there was such a thing. Seriously!

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#69178 - 08/25/05 04:47 PM Re: Just for fun. How gay are you?
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Russ:

Sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves. If we didn't we would all be in deep trouble. I don't think that anyone would take this seriously - it was meant for fun and all of the responses have been rather playful and child-like. Humor can sometimes be better medicine for us than all of the therapy in the world.

SD

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.