Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64186 Topics
447900 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#69130 - 08/12/05 09:30 PM Inner Light and Darkness
RockyMtJoe Offline

Loc: East of Pueblo, Colorado
Being a Catholic educated (at youth) survivor and
one who could not run fast enough to the "Friends" side of the family.

This is for all my brothers here and sisters

Anniversary day: no not of abuse (well it as sort of) but of the day 36 years ago I saw my first man killed. Vietnam.

From his name I suspect he was of Scotish hertiage. He lasted long after being wounded but no pain.

Some of you here have lasted decades with pain.
That is so cruel, unfair.

Of most all killed when I was a "senior medic" in an infantry battalion were and have been contacted by the men with their loved ones. Comfort.

Nobody reaches out to abused boys except here.

I mean you guys even when "bitchy" are close.

You have that Inner Light we Quakers believe in.

Selfish for me to think of him and all that followed today and not tell you that although their ghosts have faded yours ours and mine have not.

Big Hug Jasper. As well to all that answered your
quiries here of late.

I suspect I am as older one of the "more recovered", ok, fine, for sure. The war in Iraq is
killing me.

The love here helps, sure some here have good days, bad weeks, most of you will do better than good.

So if you think good thoughs or pray, say one for
my fallen comrade, then one for the guys here. All
of us alive and those that past from war, hate, disease or whatever.

I believe that we have enough "Inner Light" to light up the dark side of the Moon.

All God's Love

Joe

Be scarce in the many weeks ahead: State Fair, work with the college and such.

#69132 - 08/13/05 01:59 AM Re: Inner Light and Darkness
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Joe,

Ya, there is a special quality to this place, it's guys like you who make it so.
Your grief is shared, brave heart. I did not see my commrades die but I've seen their names on the Wall. I know that because of men like you, the number wasn't 116,000, instead of the still incredible 58,000 who died in Viet Nam.
I know you weren't looking for it, but thank you for your service and the extrordinary bravary you exhibited on all of our behalfs.
Bring your light a little closer, some of us see darkly and need your encouragement.

Peace, brother

David

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.