Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63229 Topics
442156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#68466 - 01/17/07 09:30 PM ... butterfly kisses and into the mystic and belly
selene Offline

Loc: midwest

Edited by selene (10/20/07 01:34 AM)

#68467 - 01/17/07 10:34 PM Re: ... butterfly kisses and into the mystic and belly laughs ... an update of sorts ...
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Dear Selene:

What wonderful progress! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

"so, for me, it's changed over the last couple months from, "how could you do that to me?" to "how could you do that to yourself?" to simply "i'm so sorry that is what happened to you" ... there's a leonard cohen song that has the line in it, "and if i've been untrue, i hope you know it was never to you ..." ... and, in many ways, that's how i feel about the acting out part of it ..."

Well said Selene!
I'm very happy for you and K. You both deserve all the best that life has to offer.

Best wishes,
s-n-s

cm 2007

#68468 - 01/17/07 11:39 PM Re: ... butterfly kisses and into the mystic and belly laughs ... an update of sorts ...
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Selene, I am so happy for you. My eyes teared up as I read about the "wasted years." It so much makes me want these things for my husband, and for me, belly laughs and all.

We watched a 2003 movie, "Big Fish," last night where a father finally lets his son "connect" with him, but only when the father is on his own deathbed....made me so sad. I bawled my head off....my husband sat right next to me with dry eyes. He did say it was a very good movie, but if only his wall would crumble just a little so he could feel some emotion. I feel he's so unreachable emotionally, and I know he's been hard to reach our whole marriage, but he used to get teary-eyed at some movies, and these days he's just so hardened....his wall is so thick....it hurts my heart to realize just how thick it is. But I see hope when I read your posts, so thank you so much for that and I am truly glad to read of you and your husband finally connecting and it makes my heart ache for that so much but I will keep holding out hope.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#68469 - 01/18/07 04:20 AM Re: ... butterfly kisses and into the mystic and belly laughs ... an update of sorts ...
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Selene,

Wow, what a positive post. I'm so pleased it is going this way for you guys as a couple. \:\) \:\)

Lots of love,

John

#68470 - 01/18/07 06:03 AM Re: ... butterfly kisses and into the mystic and belly laughs ... an update of sorts ...
indygal Offline

Selene,

thanks so much for sharing - what a beautiful story - may you have many more.

all the best,
indy

#68471 - 01/18/07 11:49 AM Re: ... butterfly kisses and into the mystic and belly laughs ... an update of sorts ...
beccy Offline

Loc: england
Selene,

I love reading your posts!

It's great to hear how honest you two have managed to be together. I see that since a while back now, you've been willing to dive right down into all the 'dirt', face the full force of the deception/truth and really give your husband the opportunity to totally open up to you. It's such a fine example of bravery, courage and strength and I can see you're reeping the rewards!

peace
Beccy

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.