Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (don64, Scott1962, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443087 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68050 - 11/07/03 10:58 PM Re: How can I make this easier for my wife??
helpmystephen Offline

Loc: nyc
You have already received some great advise. Stride was right, Telling your wife is a big steps and shows how much you care for her. Your wife is very lucky that you are beibg so open with here! I have found that while I don't know many of the details of what happened to my husband, I would really rather know where he is in his head. If he had a bad dream or feels vulnerable or scared. However, he doesn't open up to me and it makes things really difficult, which results in my feeling rejected. I understand that talking to your wife about all of this may be taxing, maybe if there is something that you want her to understand you could try to write her a letter. This will give you the opportunity to say what you want without interruption and her the chance to understand what you are saying. Good luck.

#68051 - 11/08/03 12:19 PM Re: How can I make this easier for my wife??
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
Thank you, thank you, Thank God for you.

#68052 - 11/08/03 01:34 PM Re: How can I make this easier for my wife??
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
L2R,

On our front page, just under where you log in to the Discussion Board are the Myths about male sexual abuse, then under the next link Reporting sex abuse is the link to Ten facts about SA of Boys and the effects. If you wife reads nothing more, I would really suggest that she reads these. Also introduce her to the family and friends forum. The women there are wonderful and very understanding.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.