Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443149 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68035 - 11/04/03 09:12 AM Re: Hanging in by a thread, if that
Wifey1 Offline

Dearest Stride,
I read this string and kept saying to myself along the way.. my god this could be me writing this. Your words have struck so many similar chords in me I cannot begin to express exactly how much I dont feel so alone anymore.
You said.. it is all so very sad. And it IS so very sad.
I read in your postings an amazing strength and compassion... begot through like experience with your S O. Coming to terms with our own survivor issues and with our partners survivor issues is one helluva struggle.
From my own experience of leaving hubby I do feel stronger. Yey tho I am still scrambled and hurt with feelings & broken thought processes I FEEL stronger and clearer. The de>

#68036 - 11/09/03 02:28 AM Re: Hanging in by a thread, if that
stride Offline

Loc: B.C. Canada
Hey Sammy,

Thank you for the empathy and the hugs. It is both comforting and saddening to have it reaffirmed that my experiences with all of this are not unique.

Please forgive me for not responding more directly to your post. For the past several days I have been feeling more-or-less vacant--zombified--and utterly overwhelmed by an inescapable cacophony of conflicting images/thoughts/feelings. My mind is anything but peaceful and yet my soul feels mute. Thank Heavens that I've been around long enough to know that "this too shall pass"!

In the meantime, be gentle with yourself, and thanks again for your understanding and sharing.

Thought for the day? To Thine Own Self Be True.

I will be seeing a counsellor (for and about my own stuff)on Wednesday. Perhaps that will help quiet my mind enough that I can be more present for others once again.

Peace and love to all.

Stride

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.