Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (MYTIME), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64435 Topics
450078 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#67714 - 12/05/06 03:51 AM He threw away all the books I gave him
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Well, I just looked in the drawer where I told my husband months ago that I had some books ("Abused Boys" and "Victims No Longer") plus several posts I had printed from here, plus a list of sexual abuse symptoms. I had them in there for him to look at on his own time. He cleaned out the desk, and I just found all of those materials, books and all, in the trash.

So.....this irritates me a bit. He said he would deal with "HIS past" on "his timetable," so I took that to mean a positive statement, now it looks like he's not ever planning on dealing with it at all.

What do you all think? Should I let him know I am irritated at him about throwing them away? (I got them out of the trash and put them somewhere else). Should I even say anything? Do you think it sounds like he'll never deal w/ it? Things were looking up till now. \:\(

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#67715 - 12/10/06 09:11 PM Re: He threw away all the books I gave him
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I don't think anyone could have convinced me to begin looking into my CSA for my current issues. It took God taking me to my knees because I would not get there on my own.

Hope this helps,

#67716 - 12/10/06 11:37 PM Re: He threw away all the books I gave him
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
I am understanding that point more every day, John. I'm just hoping it doesn't take ME to MY knees also in the process. \:\(

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.