Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, JW1230, kcinohio, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446663 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#67714 - 12/05/06 03:51 AM He threw away all the books I gave him
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Well, I just looked in the drawer where I told my husband months ago that I had some books ("Abused Boys" and "Victims No Longer") plus several posts I had printed from here, plus a list of sexual abuse symptoms. I had them in there for him to look at on his own time. He cleaned out the desk, and I just found all of those materials, books and all, in the trash.

So.....this irritates me a bit. He said he would deal with "HIS past" on "his timetable," so I took that to mean a positive statement, now it looks like he's not ever planning on dealing with it at all.

What do you all think? Should I let him know I am irritated at him about throwing them away? (I got them out of the trash and put them somewhere else). Should I even say anything? Do you think it sounds like he'll never deal w/ it? Things were looking up till now. \:\(

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#67715 - 12/10/06 09:11 PM Re: He threw away all the books I gave him
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I don't think anyone could have convinced me to begin looking into my CSA for my current issues. It took God taking me to my knees because I would not get there on my own.

Hope this helps,

#67716 - 12/10/06 11:37 PM Re: He threw away all the books I gave him
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
I am understanding that point more every day, John. I'm just hoping it doesn't take ME to MY knees also in the process. \:\(

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.