Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63764 Topics
445310 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67164 - 07/23/03 03:56 PM Re: A friend in weed.. or booze.. or other drugs...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Pas:

Quote:
HOWEVER...the best news is that so far the only sort-of-what-you-might-call-destructive-thing he's done is binge on Ben and Jerry's... no drugs, no booze.. a few pints of Chunky Monkey and choc. chip cookie dough I can live with (he plays a lot of hockey and bikes to work so he can handle the ice cream) - so far so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is a step that is truly ok. Ben and Jerry's will only make you rotund if you do not work it off. It sounds like BF is really coming around and good for him and for You

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#67165 - 07/23/03 08:06 PM Re: A friend in weed.. or booze.. or other drugs...
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Soccer
sometimes we just have to find out what's good and bad for ourselves, and sometimes we make mistakes.

That's when we we need the 'invisible guiding hand' of someone who cares.

Dave ;\)

#67166 - 07/24/03 12:45 PM Re: A friend in weed.. or booze.. or other drugs...
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks everyone for your support through this "visit" - I think this guy actually left today.. if not we're leaving town tonight for Toronto so I hope this guy is gone when we get back!

It was pretty sad I did see my bf's friend and he's so far gone (alcoholism) that he has the perma-shakes until he has his first drink...... I think my BF is caught between compassion for this guy, respect for their shared painful history and anger that this guy is self-destructing.. a very powerful combination.

And to top it off I do think my BF stayed on the wagon.... good news all around today.

#67167 - 07/24/03 01:14 PM Re: A friend in weed.. or booze.. or other drugs...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Pas
Quote:
I think my BF is caught between compassion for this guy, respect for their shared painful history and anger that this guy is self-destructing.. a very powerful combination.

Absolutely right and a real eye opener for him too. Now he sees where it leads. Have fun in Toronto. :p

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.