Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
5 registered (CafeMan, motmcd, 3 invisible), 69 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438360 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67056 - 07/04/03 10:31 PM Re: re: one good thing
lauraanimal Offline

Loc: montana
thanks nathan for the help i sure will ask if i need it....it is just a flesh wound, nothing major thank goodness. he sure is a spunky lil dude. lol

Laura

#67057 - 07/04/03 10:40 PM Re: re: one good thing
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
watch those tumbs girl dont want to end up like Dave and miss a week of work lol.

lots of love, Nathan

#67058 - 07/04/03 10:53 PM Re: re: one good thing
lauraanimal Offline

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........miss work huh? well i cant do that....i dont work.

oh ouch the pain......he got my thumb :rolleyes: .....joker honey....can you cook dinner the next few nights? my finger is so soar......oh dont forget the dishes and the laundry and cab you rub my feet too? \:D \:D :p :rolleyes:

what a great idea nathan thanks.....

(there was no animals harmed in the making of this post, however there realy is one hurt)

Laura

#67059 - 07/06/03 11:21 AM Re: re: one good thing
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Well Laura,

If it works go for it take sometime off and let joker do it all. Hey you got slaves (kid joking of course) make them do all the work for the summer lol.

lots of love, Nathan

#67060 - 07/06/03 07:56 PM Re: re: one good thing
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
The Parrot - part two.

The neighbour and I went down the road to the parrots residence, and the big alert to catch the thing was because his owners were going on holiday and had to catch a plane.
Luckily their neighbours were used to looking after him and took him off us.

The owners phoned their neighbours from the airport and heard the good news that the killer parrot was safely caged again.

They used to let him out and he'd fly around for a while and come back, but just when they needed him back he went AWOL. Who said they were dumb ?

At work we spend a lot of time looking after wildlife. I am based at a sewage treatment plant, which for obvious reasons is in a remote place.
It's in a fabulous part of the Severn River valley, in the trees and very quiet. And my workshop looks out onto the green side and not the works, luckily.

We have pheasents and ducks that feed out of our hands. Partridge, woodpeckers, red kite, buzzards, swans and all manner of other birds come for the feed we put out.
One of the cock pheasents is so tame now he comes into the workshop and sits on the drilling machine waiting for food.
There's foxes, minx, badgers, rabbits by the hundreds and of course - rats.

I just love the country, and my job takes me all over some of the best scenery the UK has to offer.
Sometimes it's so nice there I think I should pay them for the privelidge of being there, but I soon get over that.

Dave

\:D

#67061 - 07/06/03 11:15 PM Re: re: one good thing
lauraanimal Offline

LlYody,

That was a great story, thank you for finishing it.

As you can tell by my nick that i have a great love of animals. i would enjoy seeing the wildlife you described at your work.
part of the reason we moved to Montana is just for that reason. it has also been a life long dream of mine to live here where there isnt as many people and an abundent of wild life and mountains.

i once had a friend bring to me a baby blue jay that had fallen out of it nest and was to high in the tree to put it back. his dog wanted to eat it and he rescuded it from his mouth. this little thing was all of maybe a week old and i didnt think i had a chance of him serviving. but i did my best and he grew and grew. i would set him outside in the backyard tree. he never flew away. i would walk outside and he would be at the very tiptop of the tree and would call to me as he hopped down to the lower branches and come to me.

i could leave him there for days, just going out to feed him and water him, he just wouldnt leave even though he could fly very well.

i would go out to my front porch and talk with friends, and as soon as he would hear my voice he would come flying around the house and land on my shoulder. he loved attention. often he didnt want me to go back in the house with out him so he would fallow me in. he had no fears whatsoever.

one day my sister came by and of cores as we was talking out front he flew around to my shoulder. it totaly scared my sister thinking i was being attacked at 1st. once she realized i wsnt , that he was wanting my company she thengace me a new nick, and it has stuck with my friends and family ever sence. "Fucking Mrs. Dr. Dolittle."

Glad you have a relaxing view and somethin to do to calm your nerves when your at work. wish all places of work had ome way for people to calm down when they did it.

Laura

#67062 - 07/07/03 10:31 AM Re: re: one good thing
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
Ok - .. I can just hear someone saying with a Brit accent...

"Reason for being unavailable for work. Parrot bite."

Hilarious!!!!!!

#67063 - 07/07/03 02:13 PM Re: re: one good thing
wifenneed Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Oh goodness what a great story Dave!! I'm an animal lover, and this one just tore me up laughing. Killer parrot.......parrot bite. It's just too funny. Thanks for a reason to smile, when sometimes it's hard to smile. (Bad weekend, but better now.) Anyone else have any stories such as this please post them, it is nice to get away through them when other things overwhelm.

Kathy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.