Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (OCN, Obi, finallyhere, JW1230, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444152 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6690 - 09/24/02 03:05 PM Re: how do we talk to the out side world
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Thanks guy for all your words . You have given me much to think about. Don great find in that address by Richard Hoffman. Thanks again Muldoon

#6691 - 09/25/02 11:17 AM Re: how do we talk to the out side world
bosishere Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nashville,tn,usa
Guys, ALL of us abused people, weather straight, gay, male or female, it is, I believe, A VERY HARD ACT IF LIFE TO LIVE THROUGH - FROM THE BEGINNING WHEN IT HAPPENED, TILL TODAY OR WHENEER, YOU BEGIN TO TRY AL DEAL WITH WHAT TOOK PLACE. I do believe though, that is is harder (at this time) for men to publically admit that they were abused. But the sooner ALL OF US MALE ABUSED PEOPLE SPEAK UP THE BETTER, and hopefuly, life does continue to get somewhat more better for us. Michael aka Bos \:\(

#6692 - 09/25/02 02:20 PM Re: how do we talk to the out side world
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Bos:

I agree with what you're saying, and it's something I've been thinking about a lot. I'm pretty sure I'll go public when I've worked thru my survival issues and my physical problems a bit more.

I'm not sure when that will be, but I don't think it's a cop-out. After all, I've only begun to connect with and deal with my abuse memories in the last year or so. And I've still got a lot to learn; but of course I always will, and don't we all?

One thing I'm working toward are some articles and maybe a book; publishing time might be coming out time. But I've got a ways to go.

There may be some reasons why some of us will never be able to go public, and maybe shouldn't.

Nevertheless, I think there are ways we could speak out more, such as anonymous books, articles, studies, polls, etc, with a lot of effort & publicity behind them.

Of course many of you probably have more experience with this than I. Anyone have any thots about this?

Wuame

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.