Newest Members
Rod2112, Mark71, oic, ocean, alone87
12883 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (54), john50049 (58), Samii (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12883 Members
75 Forums
66667 Topics
465825 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#66304 - 10/20/06 02:41 PM self destruction
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Wow, the past few months have been a trying time to say the least. There has been a consistency that I've noticed with my husband in the twenty or so years that we've been together. He has a path set to not take care of himself very well. I never understood the how or the why he would undermine his well being. Throughout the years he's swung from drinking in excess, smoking, overspending, compulsive behaviors, then back again. I understand it all a lot better now (csa) but I really wish he would adopt healthy coping mechanisms as opposed to the unhealthy. I realize I can not control his behaviors and I know he has to take responsibility for himself but I worry about his health. He's going through so much right now and all I can offer is my support. I'm just curious if anyone has adopted healthy coping habits.
I understand that he is doing the best that he can under difficult circumstances. Any ideas, books or recommendations would be most appreciated.
Thank you,

"As long as he continues to try, I will meet him in that determination and commitment."

cm 2007

#66305 - 11/01/06 11:56 AM Re: self destruction
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
S&S, Lead by example. When we suffer from csa, one of the biggest deals are self care, That usually shows me how i am doing. Professional help suggestion, if not already doing it. light and luv Sis

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.