Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bardo, MrEdd, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444540 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#66304 - 10/20/06 02:41 PM self destruction
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Wow, the past few months have been a trying time to say the least. There has been a consistency that I've noticed with my husband in the twenty or so years that we've been together. He has a path set to not take care of himself very well. I never understood the how or the why he would undermine his well being. Throughout the years he's swung from drinking in excess, smoking, overspending, compulsive behaviors, then back again. I understand it all a lot better now (csa) but I really wish he would adopt healthy coping mechanisms as opposed to the unhealthy. I realize I can not control his behaviors and I know he has to take responsibility for himself but I worry about his health. He's going through so much right now and all I can offer is my support. I'm just curious if anyone has adopted healthy coping habits.
I understand that he is doing the best that he can under difficult circumstances. Any ideas, books or recommendations would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
sweet-n-sour

cm 2007

#66305 - 11/01/06 11:56 AM Re: self destruction
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
S&S, Lead by example. When we suffer from csa, one of the biggest deals are self care, That usually shows me how i am doing. Professional help suggestion, if not already doing it. light and luv Sis

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.