Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (CafeMan, I Want 2 Thrive, Mr. Malaise, 2 invisible), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438312 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#66031 - 05/07/03 05:41 PM Another article - not so barfy
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
As opposed to the last article I posted, this one is very positive and interesting. The Quebec superior court recognized the emotional/psychological effects of SA - that sometimes things just take as long as they take to resolve - no statute of limitations on filing civil lawsuits related to S.A. (sorry I know this article is SA suffered by a female inflicted by a male, but the concept of no statute of limitations on civil cases related to S.A. is very interesting)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030506.wxrape0506/BNStory/National/

I never had a positive feeling about the Quebec civil code (legal system) before, but I guess this part served this case well.

soccer

#66032 - 05/07/03 08:01 PM Re: Another article - not so barfy
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
That gives me hope \:D

Dave

#66033 - 05/08/03 11:26 AM Re: Another article - not so barfy
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
Gives me hope too - my BF has taken 17 years to come to terms with what happened to him when he was 17 - my biggest fear is as he progresses with his case against his perp that they professional board (he's not pursuing legal or civil action but through a teachers' board) will question the validity or the seriousness of his SA because it took him almost 20 years to come forward. I just dont know how he will be able to handle feeling "on trial" for what he did or didn't do in dealing with this. He's moving forward on it.. mind you its going painfully slow and he's not super quick to jump on each step.. but its still moving..

I hope that smarter and more compassionate minds will prevail in his case. No date for a hearing has been provide yet.. but here's hoping.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.