Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (midnight51, BraveFalcon, 4 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445554 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#65883 - 06/01/05 07:38 AM Re: How can i help my son?
ShyBear Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The American South
JT -

There are very, very few men in the world that manage to earn my utmost respect, and you are one of them. Because of your courage & compassion, Kevin will heal and become a man you can be proud to call your son.

Blessings on you both,
ShyBear

#65884 - 06/02/05 12:00 PM Re: How can i help my son?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
JT,

As a father of two myself I can just echo what others are saying. Kevin seems to be picking up a lot here and certainly he is very active. That's good, but even more important is whether he feels free to try out these ideas and feelings in a safe environment in his real world, whether he knows its okay not to get it right all the time and stumble and be confused and just be 16. That means his home, and I think its wonderful the way you are so clearly providing this for him. It won't always progress the way you hope, but I feel confident that he will win through in the end.

Best regards,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#65885 - 06/14/05 01:41 PM Re: How can i help my son?
RangerJ19 Offline

Loc: North Woods
Glaukos' dad,

I don't talk w/ Kevin at all. But I've followed his postings w/ concern and caring.

Thank you, sir. Thank you for your courage to face this when so many would run away. Thank you for the love and loyalty to Kevin that you are showing. Thank you for being with him.

I cannot imagine how difficult things must be for you, because I'm not a parent.

But I can offer you this, from my own experiences. A boy I knew was abused on his 15th birthday by a very close family friend. It was a horribly traumatic and distructive experience for him. His father found out the next day. Again, I'm not a father so I can't imagine the difficulty.

But as the months passed and the man and his son worked through the issues of SA, they found that their relationship DID change. It was better than it had ever been, because like soldiers in a battle, they had been through hell together, and they knew more surely than ever how deeply they loved one another.

I don't know all of Kevin's battles, though I often pray for him when I hear he's doing poorly. It's all I CAN do. But knowing he has a brave, determined, and loving father like yourself has made my morning.

What lies ahead will be more difficult than I can think of, but in that darkness, the light of love, support, and understanding shine brighter than ever.

I salute you, sir.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.