Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, Garf, finallyhere, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446774 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#6580 - 08/09/04 01:05 AM Re: I don't want to bother anyone
Aden Offline

I don't know why you can't take advantage of the help at hand. There must be a reason, but I can't think of what it is.

Aden

#6581 - 08/09/04 01:46 AM Re: I don't want to bother anyone
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
(((((((( Marc ))))))))

I hope that helped,
Bill

#6582 - 08/09/04 11:13 AM Re: I don't want to bother anyone
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
((((((((((((Marc))))))))))))

I was watching "Hellboy" while I was on the phone last night. There is a scene where Hellboy (an 8-foot-tall Demon with sawed-off horns and a tail who was yanked to Earth and raised as a human, hence he's fighting evil for us) is chasing some Bug-Eyed Monster through the subways of New York. The BEM rips into a subway and runs through it. Hellboy tries to get on too, but missed with his jump and is clinging onto the floor by the conductor's booth. The conductor responds as anyone would I think when he sees a HUGE red-skinned demon: he grabs a fire extinguisher and slams Hellboy repeatedly on the head with it.

Hellboy takes three or four of these, then yells "HEY! I'M ON YOUR SIDE!"

Do you see the point I'm trying to make?....:-)

Anytime, anywhere. It's not an offer to be made lightly, but one that can be taken when needed.

I love you, my friend, and I'm thinking about you today.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#6583 - 08/09/04 03:09 PM Re: I don't want to bother anyone
whendoIcry? Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Metro Boston
Asking for help is the hardest thing to do but probably the biggest step in recovery...I have learned this in AA. I would not be able to do any of this work without that support. I urge you to call the folks who have made the offer...as you would want them to call you. And make yourself available as well...you might be surprised at what you can offer. I also suggest you consider a support group. If you have anything going on (as many of us do) like addiction to substances or relationships...find a group that deals with with. In Kahlifonia...there is probabely a group for about anything. What we all have to give each other here is safety and unconditional acceptance and love.

marty

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.