Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
1 registered (sorryson), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446620 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#6476 - 08/08/04 08:59 AM How does it happen?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
It seem like there are some things that remain so painful, any little thing can bring them back again? I was searching through the 'off topic' section, looking for a specific post. And just was looking at some of the posts, here and there, from earlier this year. I seen the one I posted for my brother's birthday, in January.

I went to his grave a few times when I was home last month. I was feeling somewhat 'ok' with things. And now suddenly it just come back hard.

I miss him. and I feel guilty. All over again. \:\(

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#6477 - 08/08/04 12:27 PM Re: How does it happen?
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
((((((((Leosha)))))))))

#6478 - 08/08/04 01:56 PM Re: How does it happen?
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
(((((((((( Leosha ))))))))))

#6479 - 08/08/04 01:59 PM Re: How does it happen?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
{{{{{{{Leosha}}}}}}}

#6480 - 08/08/04 05:29 PM Re: How does it happen?
Shawn_L35 Offline

((((((((((((((leosha))))))))))))))

You will never stop missing your brother. What you must learn is that you did all you could do and the guilt you feel is something that will one day go away. It was not you that caused your brother's death. You stayed with him. You were six, if that.

Leosha, loss is a tough one. But guilt is even harder. Especially when no blame lies with you. I am sorry you are hurting.

(((((((((((leosha)))))))))))))

Shawn

#6481 - 08/08/04 06:58 PM Re: How does it happen?
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
You asked why you were triggered. Well that seems to be common to people who are victims of any trauma. I am not sure that anyone can get something like that totally out of their heads--but it does not need to crush us.

The trick to develop is to know what triggers us and try to avoid the chance of being triggered as much as we can. Spontaneous triggers will always be there, or at least they are still there for me, from other traumas I had than SA.

I think you miss more than your brother--you miss all that the two of you would have done and said to each other. From what I know of you Leosha, you weren't meant to be an only child. Yet that is the way it worked out. We just can't make up what we loss by not having our brothers a real part of our lives--I know you understand.

Peace to you Leosha,

Bob

#6482 - 08/08/04 07:18 PM Re: How does it happen?
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Leosha,
I too sometimes miss my mom and many things will bring it up. Sometimes all I can do is just cry because I still miss her. I wish I could offer more

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#6483 - 08/09/04 05:46 AM Re: How does it happen?
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
Hello Leosha,
from my experience there is no help with huge sadness in cases like this.
I lost my mother, on extremely traumatic way, when I was 14 years old. After that I was not able to speak about it for ten years. It just hurt me so much. All I could do is to accept pain and sadness.

Sorry if I am too dark \:\( ...

#6484 - 08/09/04 11:28 AM Re: How does it happen?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
((((((((((((Leshka))))))))))))

I lost my mother over 5 years ago. It sucks. It'll always suck. I miss her terribly today, but my hopes, which may seem naive to those who aren't religious, lie in the future. We will see each other again, and this time, we'll never be parted.

You miss your brother, I know this. And it is never easy to deal with loss, no matter what the circumstances. Yours were more horrible than most, so that adds to it.

Leshka, I don't know if you believe in an afterlife, but I truly believe those who we care about that are gone never leave us completely. They still watch over us, take part in our lives, laugh with our happiness, and cry in our sadness. Your brother sees you and he'd very happy that you love him so much. I know he feels the same way.

I know you carry him with you always. Let yourself feel him, and let yourself know he loves you.

I'm here if you need me, my dear friend.

Love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#6485 - 08/10/04 12:25 AM Re: How does it happen?
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
((((((((((Leosha))))))))))

I am so sorry that you were triggered by your old post

I am not sure if you will remember my talk with you in Marylins' site a year ago (I hope so) - but I would just like to say that I will burn my Angel candle tonight in honor of your brother - and remember, he is still with you - he always has been - and he is very proud of you for all of the good things you have done - he does not blame you - you did the best you could for him

If you need to talk - please Email or call (the phone is on 24/7)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.