Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (skyguy, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444504 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#64631 - 09/05/06 10:54 AM resources
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london

“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” --- Eleanor Roosevelt

#64632 - 09/05/06 11:34 AM Re: resources
indygal Offline

don't know if you've read anything at all about csa and men, but 'allies in healing' is a good place to start. it's sort of a general introduction to csa and adults, covers both sexes but also is helpful because it offers insight for the friends and family of survivors.

all the best,
indy

#64633 - 09/05/06 12:07 PM Re: resources
soapy bubbles Offline

“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” --- Eleanor Roosevelt

#64634 - 09/05/06 05:22 PM Re: resources
friendofseveral Offline

Loc: Independence, MO
Soapy:
I've found several, and they are very good. Start with Mic Hunter's "Abused Boys", which is where I started when a young friend of mine presented me with his problem. Also of value is "Broken Boys/Mending Men", and Mik Lew's "Victims No Longer".
I really had to start searching, because when my buddy Dale asked me for help, I was totally ignorant of such issues, except what I had seen on the TV movies or read in fiction works where such things weren't the main topic, but a part of a different story.
Hope this helps.
Friend of Several

#64635 - 09/05/06 05:24 PM Re: resources
friendofseveral Offline

Loc: Independence, MO
Oh, P.S.
If you go to the library, get onto their card catalog, and use the words "Sexual Abuse", or "Child Sexual Abuse", this will bring up entire lists. This is what I did at Mid Continent, and came up with a list of 246 different works. In my attempts to assist my young friend Dale, I've now read about a hundred of these which were most applicable.
Sorry for the different posts. Don't really have all my thoughts together.
Friend of Several

#64636 - 09/07/06 09:07 AM Re: resources
soapy bubbles Offline

Thank you for your recommendations, they are much appreciated.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.