Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
9 registered (myrlin, Bardo, AL-S, BraveFalcon, 3 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64155 Topics
447654 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#64444 - 08/30/06 03:55 PM My Daughter's Dream
Cecilia Offline

Loc: Maine
Hello,

My five year old woke up this morning and said, "Mommy, I had the best dream last night. Daddy came home and brought you a beautiful, new dress."

Children are amazing in their wisdom. To me, in her dream, she has gotten a crucial element of what is missing from her parents' relationship. My husband has been unable to honor my basic feminine nature. I don't know, maybe I'm projecting, but I thought it was pretty neat.

I smiled and said, "That's a good dream, isn't it."

I cannot say how much hearing the other partners' voices and other survivors' voices on this site has empowered me. It is amazing.

Cecilia

#64445 - 08/31/06 03:01 PM Re: My Daughter's Dream
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Cecilia,

My 3 yr old gets the smiliest smile on her face whenever her dad and I hug, even though it isn't often. They need to see their parents affectionate. It is like I hold one end of a hammock and my husband holds the other end, and our daughter sits in the middle. If her dad and I do not seem close, it makes her insecure; what if one of us drops our end? It is like that, I truly believe.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.