Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, Banjo596, CheerfulJohn), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#63458 - 12/18/04 04:46 AM Recent trouble
Alicia Offline

Loc: California
My husband is a survivor of abuse by his older brothers and has MPD and PTSD due to the abuse. Recently alot of physical symptoms are showing up. We are spending alot of time having him treated but Im not seeing an answer easily. I will not leave him and want to be there to help as much as I can but how much can I do for him and what is his responsibility for healing?

#63459 - 12/18/04 06:17 PM Re: Recent trouble
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hi Alicia,

I'm also a partner of a CSA survivor. The most helpful thing I did for myself was learn all that I could about what was troubling my boyfriend. I wasn't out to find him a cure, or get involved in his therapy, but it helped me empower myself and feel more comfortable, to know what was going on and why.

There are some great articles you can find on this site, using the drop down menus at the top of the page. There are also links to other web resources and books (if you buy books through the site it helps us out).

I don't think there is "an answer", I think each survivor and each relationship needs a slightly different set of answers, and the best way to find the answers you need is to keep asking questions.

We're here for that, and for support and encouragement too. I do know that it can be done, he can heal and your relationship can heal. My life has changed so much just in 18 months, I wouldn't have believed it.

Sar

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.