Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cthulhu, Greg56, I Want 2 Thrive, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63210 Topics
441991 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#63424 - 10/01/02 03:32 PM Thank you.....and my story
sarahsmilezz Offline

Loc: Arkansas
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post, it was very helpful. Things really havent changed much with my partner and I, he opened up the door, told me his story, then closed the door right back. That's Ok though, I understand that this subject works on his terms. I can't do anything but accept that, and not push the issue. All I can do is be patient, and give my love and support.

Anyhow, I have been reading some of the posts on here, and I find strength, courage, and wisdom in them. I have a strong desire to tell my story here.

I am a 26 year old white female, divorced with a 4 and 5 year old. I lived with my mom and dad until I was six. They separated moved on to other people. My mom was an alcoholic, she committed suicide when I was 6. My dad was addicted to pre>

#63425 - 10/01/02 06:32 PM Re: Thank you.....and my story
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Sarah
that's a hell of a show of strength and commitment to yourself.
I think your partner will be a lucky man to have you supporting him.

You're doing the right thing by letting him work it out himself at his speed, he'll tell you all he wants when he's ready.

I guess you should be over on the friends and family forum, but your story has as much meaning to me as a male survivor as most others.
It's a show of strength to be proud of.
Lloydy

#63426 - 10/02/02 03:15 AM Re: Thank you.....and my story
Ron_dup1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arkansas
Thank you for sharing your story with us! You are an awesome person and your companion is one lucky man! He already knows that or he would not have shared his story with you in the first place!
Hang in there and be patient!
Peace
Ron
PS - thanks for chatting with me tonight!

#63427 - 10/02/02 11:14 AM Re: Thank you.....and my story
soccer Offline

Thanks for your story - I find myself in a similar situation to yourself - a survivor of alcoholic/dysfunctional/insane home who's involved with a SA survivor. My saga continues to this day as my dad, the addict, keeps switching from substance to substance, even after a near death experience from an overdose of pre>

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.