Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64014 Topics
446752 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#6308 - 04/16/03 11:54 PM Perp dreams
ARW Offline
Member
MaleSurvivor

Registered: 08/29/02
Posts: 161
Loc: LA
Spring is on us, and with it has come a flood of abstract memories of my abuse, and living with my perp, in a dingy one room, one bed studio apartment for Spring into Summer. And with these feelings (the anger, guilt, shame, self loathing, etc. etc.) has come a wave of terror that I may one day see this sick bastard again. And I realize the hold he still has on me.

I dreamt recently that I was in court defending myself against my behavior with him (_defending_ myself, the fucker!) and the lawyer brought him into the courtroom as a witness. He was older, bearded, fat and depraved as ever. And denied everything. I'm rambling. Sorry. It made me sick to my stomach. And there I am in another post defending Polanski. Interesting. I'm defending these bastards. Always.

On and on it goes...sorry to take up bandwith.

-Al

_________________________
In every cry of every man,
In every Infant's cry of fear,
In every voice, in every ban,
The mind-forged manacles I hear.
-William Blake

Top
#6309 - 04/17/03 08:57 PM Re: Perp dreams
Wuamei Offline
Member

Registered: 08/19/02
Posts: 2700
Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Quote:
Spring is on us, and with it has come a flood of abstract memories of my abuse, and living with my perp, in a dingy one room, one bed studio apartment for Spring into Summer. And with these feelings (the anger, guilt, shame, self loathing, etc. etc.) has come a wave of terror that I may one day see this sick bastard again. And I realize the hold he still has on me.
Al, are these your first memories of your abuse, or additional ones, or "reruns" of earlier ones?

It's good you're getting out about these memories here. Hopefully you have a good T you are able to talk about these things with.

Remembering & sharing your story, getting it out, can help with breaking that hold your perp has one you.

What are the chances of your actually seeing him again? Would it help you to have a plan for confronting him? Or is that not part of your plan?

Anyway here's an article link that could help...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/articles/singer3.htm

Quote:
I dreamt recently that I was in court defending myself against my behavior with him (_defending_ myself, the fucker!) and the lawyer brought him into the courtroom as a witness. He was older, bearded, fat and depraved as ever. And denied everything. I'm rambling. Sorry. It made me sick to my stomach. And there I am in another post defending Polanski. Interesting. I'm defending these bastards. Always.
Al our perps blamed us, in some cases for everything, not just the SA. My mother blamed me for being a troublemaker & having to be put in the
children's home. I know damned well it was becuz of the abuse.

There is no defense for what they've done.

Quote:
On and on it goes...sorry to take up bandwith.

-Al
No need to apologize that's what the bandwidth is here for. \:\)

Victor

_________________________
"I can't stand pain. It hurts me."
--Daffy Duck

Top
#6310 - 04/18/03 05:08 AM Re: Perp dreams
guy43 Offline
Member
MaleSurvivor

Registered: 11/17/02
Posts: 450
Loc: Minnesota
damn al... what are you doing in my dreams? seriously, i've had the same type of dream. and the defending Polanski comment and in the other post you made. i can relate to what you've said... throwing out the baby with the bath water eh?

al, post more here. you've got things worthwhile to say here; for yourself and others as well.

jer


Top


Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.