Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (WriterKeith, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441824 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#62928 - 06/30/02 11:03 PM Worthwhile Reading
babs Offline

Loc: Cub Hill, MD
Hi -

Was just at NOMSV's homepage and noticed the following article:
The Long-Term Impact of Early Sexual Trauma

Apparently this paper was presented at the Catholic Bishop's conference several weeks ago. I liked what the author had to say and found it to be a worthwhile use of my time.

Babs

#62929 - 07/01/02 10:06 AM Re: Worthwhile Reading
AMiNUTS Offline

WOW! That was an amazing article that really identified very serious and pertinent areas of the aftermath.

Babs, thanks for pointing it out. I'ld really like my husband to read it.

Be well.

#62930 - 07/01/02 03:22 PM Re: Worthwhile Reading
Happy Birthday Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
It's an excellent article, well worth reading.
Lloydy

#62931 - 07/01/02 08:52 PM Re: Worthwhile Reading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regarding the article:

As I read it I found something I am not happy with. At the end of paragraph number 5 the author wrote "...as have other men across the globe." I feel she need have wrote and said "...men and women...". I was incested by an adult woman when I was just a boy. Yes, women are capable of committing incest as well. Men are not the only perpetrators of this evil.

rafael

#62932 - 07/03/02 10:52 AM Re: Worthwhile Reading
soccer Offline

I read this article too. Helped me start to understand some of my bf's behaviour. Reading this to me just really drove home the full range of impacts that SA survivors suffer and how I think that the punishment for SA perps should be LIFE in prison (or even a capital crime) and not a minute less. SA perps. affect and can even destroy a lifetime and should not be treated lightly - in my opinion many sentences for SA have traditionally been waay too lenient.

soc

#62933 - 07/03/02 01:23 PM Re: Worthwhile Reading
searching Offline

What a great article. It was so helpful to see a clear, cohesive de>

#62934 - 07/03/02 04:55 PM Re: Worthwhile Reading
soccer Offline

Searching: what a good post.

I too lose sight of what my partner is dealing with and how brave he is to come as far as he has. Because we dont talk about it all that often, I dont think that I've really had enough time (also my relationship is "relatively" new) to mentally process the full range of SA effects as much thought as perhaps I should. I still find myself wondering "can these few incidences REALLY have had such an impact a person's life???" Sometimes just I get so mired down in the difficult personality quirks and forget about the bigger picture.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.