Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445533 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6241 - 09/19/02 01:13 PM Re: Would You Go?
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Terry,

I can tell you gave this a lot of thought and are following your heart and your intuition, i am glad you have given it such serious consideration, i would be proud of your decision no matter which way you went,, i am impressed with the process you chose to go through to get to yoru answer. Good job dude!

I will be thinking about you,, hugs dude

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#6242 - 09/19/02 01:33 PM Re: Would You Go?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Terry
You know it makes sense.

Be strong.
Lloydy \:\)

#6243 - 09/24/02 04:28 AM Re: Would You Go?
Redsongbird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Morning Everyone. I thought I would be back on here last nite but didn't make it. I went to the police station last Friday. I don't know if everyone will understand but this is what happened. When I got there I found out they (two men who assualted me) had been arrested for drug dealing. They are going to get at least 10-15 years of time. Plus another man and a woman had already identified them so there should be more time given to them. Since we are now living in MI and the traveling was going to be difficult for us financially, I am no longer in the picture. It took everything I had in me to go and see these guys. The moment I saw them my insides turned upside down. I became angry. I have been sort of surprised about my feelings because I thought I would almost want to throw a party but the opposite is true I have felt realy depressed. Yesterday going back to work was extremely difficult but I did it. Anyway, I just want to say thanks for all the positive comments.

Terry

#6244 - 09/24/02 01:31 PM Re: Would You Go?
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Terry,

I understand the depression after seeing them, something about seeing them makes it all so real, its not like you can wonder anymore if it was just a bad dream or something,, my heart goes out to you.

I am glad you went, I am glad you saw them in the jailhouse, I hope you can get some closure for yourself knowing they will be held to answer, knowing they have the guys that did this to you and they will not be free anymore to terrorize anyone else.

Hugs,

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#6245 - 09/24/02 02:28 PM Re: Would You Go?
Roy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Hi Terry,

Glad to hear these scumbags will be put away. Congratulations for making the effort to go there willingly to see justice done. Totally understandable that you are out of the picture now and a relief for you. You have already been through more than enough. As someone else who was raped I want to thank you for seeing this through. I did not have the same opportunity and it is reassuring that some do.

Of course you are feeling depressed and angry. You have just partially relived the whole experience and are experiencing all the feelings you had when it originally happened. Please resist the temptation to also relive the feelings of shame and selff-recrimination. It was not your fault, no matter what!

Roy

#6246 - 09/24/02 04:21 PM Re: Would You Go?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Terry
I'm sure that your pain will go away, it will turn to a feeling of validation.

You did what was right and you know they are banged up for a long time.

Lloydy

#6247 - 09/29/02 01:05 PM Re: Would You Go?
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
((((((((((((((((Terry))))))))))))))))))))))

Tough situation, sad situation (the memories and treat to yourself), Let me know how you are doing
I am not too far away. I am willing to talk, email me Terry, again mickeyjk@teacher.com

Take good care of yourself

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.