Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64205 Topics
448046 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#62015 - 07/26/01 11:23 PM In need of advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

To any one who can help in this situation. My boyfriend of two years just told me he was sexually abused when he was a child. Last year his sister also confided in me and told me she was sexually abused. Each circumstance was different and one does not know about the other. I want to do everything I can to help and I feel in someway if they talk it would benefit both of them. Should I break the confidence they have in me and try to bring them together?
Please help

#62016 - 07/27/01 01:03 PM Re: In need of advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Talking to others is so helpful, just like posting here helps. I'm with Billy. Get them to open up to each other, but don't you break their confidences yourself. Just coach them along to confide in each other.

#62017 - 07/27/01 01:05 PM Re: In need of advice
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Jaded,

My first thought is that you might ask both of them if they have thought of talking to each other about it and maybe suggest that you think the other one just might understand. and then i would keep my mouth shut, hehe.

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.