Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447979 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#6169 - 08/07/04 08:46 PM Re: Link between Physical & Mental
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Marc,
I was the same way for a long time in my life. And yet if I perceive the remote possibility of pain, I pass out (if you can make sense of those two statements going together, let me know...grin). But it is the way I am.

Now I am finding as a result of my profession that it is ok to acknowledge the pain and take steps to help get rid of it. In fact, that is the strongly or best thing to do. Unfortunately though the things that we are taught especially boys on this do more damage than good.

Anyway, glad to hear you are realizing this and remember it is a process that we can only take one step at a time.

Oh I forgot to add that from what I see doing massage and beginning to work with trauma release, the physical is often a result of what is going on in the mind. You are very correct in that. That is why I am beginning the process of getting rid of past trauma in my body and learning the process as well.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#6170 - 08/07/04 08:53 PM Re: Link between Physical & Mental
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Hello Marc

Takeing care of yourself is NOT wimping out - is just hard for us as survivors to sometimes understand that we cannot always be strong and that that is not a bad thing...

There is a deffinate link between Physical and Mental health!

A couple of years ago I was holding all of my emmotions locked up inside - the resulting buildup within me pushed my Blood Pressure all the way up to being on the verge of haveing a Heart attack or stroke at any minute - I was forced into talking to a T - which is where I disclosed for the first time in my life to someone who I did not know that I had been abused as a child - and is where i learned that all of the emmotions of what was done was still trying to get out of me...

It has took me a while to understand that we need to vent our emmotions sometimes for our physical health

Take care of you,

TJ

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#6171 - 08/07/04 09:20 PM Re: Link between Physical & Mental
Aden Offline

x

#6172 - 08/08/04 02:46 AM Re: Link between Physical & Mental
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
There is a definate link between the two and it goes both ways.

Taking care of you means all of you.

Shrubbery and penguins,
Bill

#6173 - 08/09/04 05:24 AM Re: Link between Physical & Mental
Dwayne T Offline

Loc: lawndale, Ca
Boy Marc I have a lot in common...this is what I was taught about by my Dad. Take don't show it no matter how much it hurts and I stuggle with taking care of myself. I never no when to go to the doctor I diebetic and high blood presure... I rember going to doctor as a kid with my mom. I have never been able to straightin my arm. both of them. The doc said that I must have broken them when I was younger, I don't remember. But I know that my dad would not take me to a doctor, my mom says that she would hve to beg him I have a hearing loss from getting so many ear infections as a little kid that I would have to suffer thru those f---ing hurt.. I am just rambling...but I just bought a new truck, I am a manager of an airfreight dept...not bad for a kid who didn't graduate Jr high or High school I am just floting my boat a little bit today...these kind of days are few and far between. c-ya

Dwayne :p

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.