Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#61450 - 04/19/06 03:37 PM Hello
TRACYUK Offline

Dear all

A quick update. We've just got back from a short break in France which was lovely and meant we avoided all the easter chocolate,big bonus for our waistlines.

We, he, I continue to do well. We're both having a break from T's for a while and concenrtaing on putting it into practise, oh, except for the couples psychosexual therapist, hmmm I still cringe a bit. It goes a bit like this..

PSTherapist- Right right right, jolly ho, LOVELY to see you both,lets get cracking, lets talk about sex.
US- Okeeey, easy now....

Wedding plans are going a treat and apart from our outfits and a couple of details we're all set!

A really happy little survivor moment passed by when we on holiday.. my partner "D" was having a bit of wobble ie; he got withdrawn and felt a bit disorientated and threatened, (he didn't work out what tiggered him)and I asked him about it and if he was OK etc.. I will treasure the next bit for a long time... he looked over and said, "I'm out of kilter but dont worry, normal business will resumed shortly, then he smiled and winked" My heart just swelled.

I'm not sure if it will come across in this post but this just spoke volumes about his confidence in himself, his conviction in his own ability to get out of a hole and the fact that he feels big and the abuse feels small. Its there and it threatens him but its not bigger than him anymore and it doesn't define him.

I can hardly believe that I'm writing this and it feels hard to remember where I, he, we were 9 - 10 months ago.

I hope if you embarking on this healing journey this might give a little hope. Ten months ago we were in such a dark place. Lifes not perfect and we stil have difficult times but boy am I glad I/we stuck it out!

Love to all

T

#61451 - 04/19/06 03:55 PM Re: Hello
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Tracy,

What a wonderful story. You both deserve all of the happiness that's been coming your way.

I really love this and can't wait 'till my b/f reaches that point of understanding.

Quote:
the fact that he feels big and the abuse feels small. Its there and it threatens him but its not bigger than him anymore and it doesn't define him.
What a beautiful place to be.

ROCK ON.............Trish

#61452 - 04/19/06 04:12 PM Re: Hello
TRACYUK Offline

Thanks Trish

Its there for him. From everything you've said about him and his efforts I realy believe he'll get there. I honestly think human endurance and ability to thrive is incredible.

Love

T

#61453 - 04/20/06 12:31 AM Re: Hello
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
oooohhhhh

a happy post!

Dave

#61454 - 04/25/06 08:54 AM Re: Hello
riviera Offline

Loc: Spain
Hi,

I haven't been around in a while.

Partly cause many positive changes have been made due to the fact that my boyfriends confidence and belief in himself is translating now in great achivements. Firstly with himself and then with family especially (this was BIG issue).

But I don't forget MS and all the support I (and him) have received. That's why I'd like to support Tracy's great news and the fact that recovery is possible when there is love, commitment to communicate and help each other in both ways and lots of pacience.

Congratulations Tracy !!

H

#61455 - 04/25/06 06:05 PM Re: Hello
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Tracy,

I remember how heartbroken and distressed you were back in those dark days. Remember our PMs? So I am all the more delighted to see things working out so well for the both of you. It's great to get good news like this.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#61456 - 04/25/06 10:15 PM Re: Hello
TRACYUK Offline

Riviera

Thats fantastic news. I understand when you say you don't forget MS. Me neither. It and the people on it are truly amazing, I'm really pleased that you and your SO are doing well, congratulations to you too.

Thanks Larry, you are absolutly right I was heartbroken. I couldn't believe that I / we'd be where we are now. A big special thanks to yourslef and also Dave LLoyd for some incredible support and information in those early days.

I honestly will never forget either of you.

Love

Tracy

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.