Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
1 registered (WriterKeith), 49 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441314 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#61075 - 04/02/06 09:14 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Caro,

I am really bad at talking about spiritual things, so I don't know how this will come out.

One thing I am learning is that it is okay to trust what I believe. What I mean is that so many times I feel that I don't just KNOW things about myself anymore, I really do believe them - or at least I think I do. I BELIEVE that I was just an innocent kid, that it wasn't my fault, and so on. But what I still lack is a confidence in these beliefs. I get that feeling I used to get when the weatherman would say it's okay to go out on the lake because the ice is so thick, but I would stand there on the ice waiting to fall through any second. So it looks like building up this confidence and trust just means more work. Okay, but it seems to be work of a different kind.

The other thing is that I am learning that it's okay to feel good about being me - or becoming me? I'm not sure which it is. All I know is that as I shed all the crap I thought about myself I feel like some fresh new person, or maybe like the person I always could have been - but wasn't. I wonder if this is again a trust issue. I am taking steps without knowing where they are going, and it is a big effort to trust myself again.

Does any of this make sense?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#61076 - 04/02/06 10:58 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Caro
all I can say to answer your question is that my percepton of you is a very positive one, I admire the attitudes you have and the committment you put into helping yourself and others, despite the problems life has thrown at you.

So it's no surprise to me that you feel some kind of spiritual re-awakening, or like Larry said "I feel like some fresh new person, or maybe like the person I always could have been - but wasn't."

I also feel like the new person, but I often wonder if that's actually because the 'real me' is finally breaking through?

Dave

#61077 - 04/03/06 11:47 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Hey Dave !
I found out today that I am going to be able to attend Healing the Healers 3 run by Mike Lew and the Male Survivors Swindon next summer. I hope will have a chance to catch you there or in London !

#61078 - 04/04/06 12:13 AM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
let me know the dates Caro.

Dave

#61079 - 04/04/06 03:16 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
Caetel Offline

17th-20th July
I will be in London from the previous Saturday and will spend the rest of the week from the 20th in London.
It would be so fantastic to meet you \:D

#61080 - 04/04/06 03:33 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Caro,

I believe our minds are eternal, and that we have lived in many lives, some as maybe as a rich person who was greedy and never cared for anyone excpting theirs.

I suppose a barbarian along the way, but our spirituality grows through understanding it closely.

What would a female be doing in a monastery?
Were you a male at the time!
Who knows the answer?

I am being terse in my reply, I cannot type so good, but I love the subject,

ste

#61081 - 04/04/06 05:56 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
Caetel Offline

Dear Ste
I was a man in that life, a monk copying manu>

#61082 - 04/04/06 07:01 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Caro,

firstly my fathers side of the family is from Galway Ireland.
North Wales is always spooky to me, but South Wales is not.

My mothers side once owned most of Cumbria in the far past, so they must have had a lot of influence maybe as barbarians.

I know that I have been a woman in the past, and also somebody who was very rich, the other side is that I was also very poor.
I know that I was killed, maybe on more than one occasion.

True love comes from compassion and the will to forgive, but sometimes we forgive when we should not.

I spend time when I can in silent meadows watching the game birds after their prey.
I do not believe in hunting, as the hunters become
their prey sometime in the future.

I get a feeling of emptiness about all those who are suffering while the rich lavish themselves, so surely they must come back as the ones they enslave through their behaviour.

I was walking my dog this morning and there was a film crew there, and I was talking with a group of people who recognised the director of "Coast",
a top BBC documentary.

The mother said to her little boy, go and ask him for his autograph, they boy was embarrassed to do it, I said to him that the guy would love that, and it will give you confidence.

Eventually he did, when his father walked in front, and the little boy was so amazed to have his photo taken with this guy, and he really was so cool.

I have to wait until september for the series to go on air, but it made my day.

I know it is off-topic, but just wanted to share,

ste

#61083 - 04/04/06 07:04 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

BTW!

If it is true, then I hope Bush can come back as an amoeba and lands in somebodys toilet, so he can have "bombs" dropped on him.

A few others too!

#61084 - 04/04/06 07:58 PM Re: News but kind of hard to explain
Caetel Offline

\:D ;\)
Love that about Bush but please ask God to forgive this moment of meaness 'cos remember we have to learn compassion. ;\)
The poor guy (ie:Bush) he is not yet even close to the end of reincarnation and true awakening of the soul. So a few hard lives are waiting upon him so he can learn the true message of God (in whatever forms He takes) which is love and respect.
I think he should be a French amibae then for all the horrible things he said about the French \:D

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.