Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
7 registered (JayBro, Jed777, innervoice, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 61 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62494 Topics
438024 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59738 - 01/17/06 11:51 PM Re: reporting abuse
susskinsdrew Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Minnesota
To all of you,

All of these incidents make me ill. Literally. What is wrong with people? What is wrong with those who won't help a child?

Susskins

#59739 - 01/20/06 08:09 PM Re: reporting abuse
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Susskins,

Here is part of your answer: no leadership! Here in the UK this week there has been a mushrooming scandal in the Ministry of Education, which, since 1997, has allowed at least 50 convicted sex offenders to take jobs teaching in the UK's schools. The real figure is believed by some to be over 200.

Ruth Kelly, the minister in question, was until today defending this, saying that she herself has approved applications in cases where the offender presents "no threat to children". Today, however, as the storm of protest swells, the tune is of course changing.

There is a register of individuals who are disallowed from teaching in schools, and it emerges that many sex offenders who are convicted and then placed in the national register of sex offenders, are NOT also placed in the register of those barred from working in schools. One county estimates that only HALF of convicted offenders are placed in both registers, and this is with the knowledge of the government.

As these offenders are, for Mrs Kelly, so harmless in society, here is an idea. Let's move them all to the school down the road from where SHE lives!

More in today's TES: http://www.tes.co.uk/2180544

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.