Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (YYZGIRL, I Want 2 Thrive, Esposa, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63429 Topics
443427 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59511 - 05/10/04 12:13 PM Re: Interesting article about PTSD. - Some graphic content.
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by SAR:
As a child and a teen I was "treated" for a bunch of problems that weren't my problems at all, more like reactions to the problems of others around me. But I didn't have a psychologist tell me that, in fact I had just the opposite-- professionals who were more than happy to assume (and tell me) that I was just getting a head start on the addiction and mental illness that were my genetic destiny.
OOH welcome to my world!! If I had a dollar for everyone who said "YOU NEED PSYCHIATRIC HELP" I would be rich. As I move into my own life away from my abusive, controlling, alcoholic growing up home, I find that I"m a pretty normal, sane, decent, relaxed human being. I have a pretty strong startle reflex, and very short anger-fuse, but who the hell could blame me growing up in that chaos????

#59512 - 05/10/04 07:43 PM Re: Interesting article about PTSD. - Some graphic content.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
SAR
Quote:
We didn't really talk about my problems, we talked about ME and what I did with my days. When I left his office, I felt like I HAD a life story.
The person isn't the problem, the 'problem' is the problem.

That therapist realised just that.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.