Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (crabbott), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#58961 - 11/25/05 06:21 PM Celebration: end of therapy
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Dear friends
I just wanted to share the news: today my therapist told me we were reaching the last session after 3 years of intense work. This has been a very emotional day and I wanted to give special thanks to all the malesurvivors here and partners who have been so supportive of me while struggling with co dependency. Thank you for helping me be a better partner, thank you for teaching me how to communicate in a healthier way. Most of all, thank you for supporting me in tough times (especially when I pressed charges against my father).
Special thanks to Theo, Kolisha, Crisis Point, Lloydy.
I feel there are still areas I need to work on (intimacy/ sexual issues)but today I am able to recognize dysfunctional patterns and behaviours, I am able de stand up against people who want to hurt me and I am able to nurture of myself, not feel guilty when I want to relax or please myself. I have projects: getting a new job better paid, enjoy my internships in dance therapy and the best of them is to attend the conference in Philadelphia next year and possibly run a workshop there.
I want to tell you guys that therapy is worth it, despite all the pains and hurt when connecting with the emotions of the abuse, the powerlessness, the rage...I am free, alive and beautiful \:\)
I believe that love is stronger than hate. My abuser did not destroy me, he gave me the possibility to discover where violence lies and what love is capable of.
Finally, I want to send my love and thanks to V. who has taught me so much, who has loved me when I was a wreck, who has destroyed my armor and who has pushed me to heal my soul. I love you.
Much love and blessings to all
Caro

#58962 - 11/25/05 07:20 PM Re: Celebration: end of therapy
Born to Resist Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California, USA
Congratulations Caetel!!

#58963 - 11/25/05 08:29 PM Re: Celebration: end of therapy
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Caetel. Good for you. As someone said in the movies; "May the Force by with YOU"

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#58964 - 11/25/05 10:19 PM Re: Celebration: end of therapy
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Caro,

That's great news. It's wonderful for the rest of us to see that all the hard work does pay off.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#58965 - 11/26/05 01:26 AM Re: Celebration: end of therapy
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Caro
that's great news, I wish you well in all your future plans.

I'm sure you'll agree that we can learn so many things about ourselves as we go through healing from trauma. It might not be the ideal reason to learn, but learn we do. Somehow we come to a decision that we can't carry on as we are so we have to change, and to do that we have to learn new things. Scary stuff, but we do it.

We also learn from each other, and your contributions to myself and everyone else here at MS have been wonderful, you have compassion and understanding, you care.

I sincerly hope you stick around, you have so much to share.

Thanks
Dave

#58966 - 11/26/05 01:17 PM Re: Celebration: end of therapy
TRACYUK Offline

Caro

Thankyou for putting that post in Friends and family. What a wondeful wonderful inspiration you are.
Congratulations!!!

All the very best to you

Lots of love

Tracy

#58967 - 11/27/05 01:19 AM Re: Celebration: end of therapy
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Caro,

WhoooooooHooooooooooo!

ROCK ON......Trish

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.